Gimx Emulator don't work after firmware update*Now works, but have c:376 issue.*

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Fiiili

Gimx Emulator don't work after firmware update*Now works, but have c:376 issue.*

Post by Fiiili »

Hi

I have a emulator kit from http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?produ ... r-for-gimx , which I tried to firmware upgrade with the GIMX launcher software.

I'll upgraded the firmware, because I got src/windows/gprio.c:376 unsetprocessaffinities : SetprocessAffinityMask failed with error.

the GIMX 8 software recommended to upgrade the firmware, to use the newest software.

I have attached some pictures of the issue. It has been around 4 years since I used it last time, but still..

Hope there is somone who can help me to get it to work again. I haven't switched the wires, since I used it last time.

Last edited by Fiiili on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fiiili

Re: Gimx Emulator don't work after firmware update

Post by Fiiili »

I tried to switch the wires, which did a trick. But now I'm back to the issue with "376"
Any idea to solve that ?

*Update* Apparently the issue with 376 has no influence on the function of the emulator. I did shift to the 32bit version, instead of the 64bit, since it automatic closed the GIMIX app, so now it all works :)

Last edited by Fiiili on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoDlike

Re: Gimx Emulator don't work after firmware update*Now works, but have c:376 issue.*

Post by GoDlike »

This is just a warning. It should work fine.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Fiiili

Re: Gimx Emulator don't work after firmware update*Now works, but have c:376 issue.*

Post by Fiiili »

Yes. Thank you. I have just now discover it do not affect the playing, so that's great.
Fiiili

Post by Fiiili »

Thought the issue with the GIMX app crash, was because of the x64 version og the GIMX 8, but no.

Periodically the Command windows from GIMX app close, and the PS4 lose the connection from the controllers.
It all run again when I press start on the GIMX app, and the new Command windows jumps up, but just a matter of time before it happen again.

Anyone who have tried this before ?
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

I would recommend soldering the wires to the adapter as it gives a more stable connection. Can you create a log file and wait for the disconnect to happen and upload it to pastebin and post link here.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Fiiili

Post by Fiiili »

Thanks. I had the same idea, so I will solder the wires to the pins.

About the logfile. I can choose log and debug log, but I can only see a change in the command windows, when I enable/check which point I want to see log from.

So how can I find a log, when it automatic shutdown the command window ?
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Yes you set messages to log file the command window will be blank until you exit or it shuts down then it will open a text document with the log
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .