i need a little extra help in getting it to work: OSW - PC

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
dutchlincoln

i need a little extra help in getting it to work: OSW - PC

Post by dutchlincoln »

Hello,

I have a OSW wheel with FFB. (Thanos TDD board, wich uses a STM32 with Mmos software), Big mige (130ST15015) and a AASD30 servo drive.
Now, i get it to work on iRacing, but i want to have it working on all kinds of other, maye less serious games as well (no pun intended) like Forza horizon, asetta racing, etc.etc.
Easyest way is to use a G27 or G29 wheel on them, as they all seem to support this.

I actually bought the Gimx to have this wheel operato on my Xbox, but im having trouble with my SFX100 moving platform with this Xbox anyway, so i build a Gaming computer especially for it.

Now, i would like to have the Gimx to be programmed in such a way it sees my Mmos wheel, and emulates it to a G27/G29 wheel.
We've been busy all evening, and it simply doesnt work.

Now, i re- read the instructions on Codemasters from Isamu, andnow i actually understand we need a simple pc as a interface for all the controllers, and have Gimx be the bridge to my gaming ps, emulating it all together to one big happy G27 wheel, is this correct?

Okay, its a bit on an extra step, but we'll try this.

Up sofar, it never worked.

can anyone point me in the right direction what steps to follow?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Dutch.

ps. We dont seem to have the described EMU-G27PC, so we used the EMU G27 , assuming this is an upgraded version that supports g27ps, and g27pc. Is this correct?
dutchlincoln

Re: i need a little extra help in getting it to work: OSW - PC

Post by dutchlincoln »

Fiddling... Fiddling... Fiddling...

I discover that i see in taskmanager the Gimx controller USB side, but i dont see anything from the micro usb side. Is this correct? I would expect something like a gaming device or controller, or USB device something like that. But when i pull the cable side out of the gaming pc, nothing changes. I suspect the Gimx possible to be faulty? Doesnt matter what we flash to it, logitech software doesnt see any controller connected. (and to be just 100% sure i'll asg again: the usb side is the side where the gaming inputs go, and the cable side is the side that goes into console / gaming pc, right?)
Matlo

Re: i need a little extra help in getting it to work: OSW - PC

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

I guess you meant device manager, and not task manager. It is expected to see no device until you actually click on "Start" in gimx-launcher. Once GIMX is started you should see a device appear in the device manager.

For further help, please provide a log file as requested in forum rules: https://forum.gimx.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator