Xbox Gen 2 Controller No Longer Detected

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Abslt_strw

Xbox Gen 2 Controller No Longer Detected

Post by Abslt_strw »

Hi, I've used the gimx for a very long time. :D And, This is the first time I've got some issues with it :x .

The thing is, I got the 8.0 version installed.
And no issues until a few days ago. I think the driver for the controller got updated. Now, the only controller is detected is the gen 1. (the one without 3.5 jack)

I got 2 consoles using gimx, one with my main pc and the other with a laptop. The only difference between both is that the laptop (which has no problem) has the controller driver version 10.0.18362.1. And the PC has the 10.0.19041.1 version.
LoneWolf81

Re: Xbox Gen 2 Controller No Longer Detected

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Did you by any chance update the firmware on the controller itself ?

Please add a log file.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

I haven't updated the controller firmware, maybe windows by itself could have done it.

Here's the log file, the controller its already connected to the PC, and i can play with it. But as soon as I open GIMX the thing gets weird. If I click the start button on GIMx, I get the log file as I show you here. Like there's no controller connected to the PC.

Now, If I disconnect and reconnect the controller ONLY with GIMX launched (before start button) the controller guide button starts to blink, like when it's pairing with the console. And it just stays in this loop. Until I completely close GIMX and then it's recognized again in windows.

Code: Select all

opción global -l con valor `log.txt'
opción global -c con valor `Destiny.xml'
controlador #1: opción -p con valor `COM3'
leyendo argumentos del controlador #2
flag de estado determinada
subpos flag determinada
flag force_updates determinada
GIMX 8.0 x86_64
Windows 10 (or later) x64
Kernel version: 10.0 (19041)
Adaptador GIMX detectado, el tipo de controlador es: XOnePad.
Firmware version: 8.0
Reset enviado al adaptador GIMX.
Current baudrate: 500000 bps.
Trying baudrate: 2000000 bps.
Trying baudrate: 1000000 bps.
Trying baudrate: 500000 bps.
Using baudrate: 500000 bps.
src/windows/gserial.c:66 set_serial_params: SetCommState failed with error: The parameter is incorrect.

Error: Fallo al abrir el controlador GIMX
Error: failed to send data to the GIMX adapter
src/gusb.c:888 claim_device: libusb_open failed with error: Other error
Error: No se encontró ningún controlador en los puertos USB.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Can you confirm if you use the controller with the jack on the laptop ? Is the laptop also using the same build of Windows 10 19041 ( May 2020 update)

If its just a new driver they pushed it could have messed up USBDK I would recommend you remove it restart then load the latest version and restart again before testing.

https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/release ... 22_x64.msi

Edit:

I have just flashed an adapter and tested it on the same version of windows with the same driver version number and it is working. Controller firmware is 3.1.1221.0 with the 3.5mm jack

Used a premade config XOne_PUBG_lekken clicked start press the guide button and then F1 on keyboard.

Can you connect the controller to the console and go into the accessories app and view the firmware version of the controller
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

Yes, I use the controller on both (Pc and Laptop).

Well I might screw thing up XD I switch the ports from both the adapter in the console and the controller on the PC. And the gimx now runs again! But, I did what you said about checking the firmware on the controller. I has the same as you the 3.1.1221.0. And for some stupid reason I update it, now has the 4.8.1923.0. And it does launch and gets detected, but even when I press the guide button doesn't detect when I press the buttons in the keyboard or mouse.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

If its updated now its not currently going to work, Matlo is working on a fix but there is no ETA as he is very busy at the moment.
Abslt_strw

Post by Abslt_strw »

Well, that's kinda sad but no worry, I have another one that's not updated. I'll be waiting for the fix from Matlo. I have anohter issue with the gimx and the Gen 2 controller. Sometimes, I get a BSOD with the code WDF_Violation. Mostly happens when I launch gimx after I use the controller to play in the Pc. Only happens with the 3.5 jack controller tho.
YellowBull

Post by YellowBull »

My gen 2 controller also is not detected after updating firmware. Gimx-config and launcher recognize it as an XOne pad.

Controler firmware version below

Working: 3.1.1221.0
Not detected: 4.8.1923.0