Please help!!! Gimx adapter firmware loader problem windows 7 (arduino?)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
car1

Please help!!! Gimx adapter firmware loader problem windows 7 (arduino?)

Post by car1 »

Hi peeps I need your help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..... someone save me i just spend $50 on the adapter and it's not working out. I read all the wikis, Matlo's guides/posts, and researched relentlessly on other peoples' issues, but nothing is helpful for my situation.

My specs:
-Windows 7, 64 bit (only to load the firmware)
-Ubuntu 18 to run GIMX
-New GIMX adapter from the official store
-Logitech Momo racing wheel and pedals to output as a G27 wheel
-PS3 slim

After repeated attempts on both my Ubuntu 18 machines to load the EMUG27 firmware (no response when unplugging and re-plugging), i decided to load the EMUG27 firmware with my windows machine. When I unplug and re-plug the adapter part, the black screen comes, but says "avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding" among other text. Then finally, a window pops up with the message "Failed to load firmware".

But also, when i installed GIMX, Windows asked if i want to install Arduino driver (no idea what that is) so i accepted. Afterwards when i unplug the adapter and re-plug it, it keeps trying to update arduino, and ultimately tells me that the device is unplugged. I disabled the power saver to usb ports btw.

I'm giving up here, and don't want to return the adapter..... I know this can work. Sorry but i cannot insert images of the snapshots that i took.

Thanks a million in advance.
LoneWolf81

Re: Please help!!! Gimx adapter firmware loader problem windows 7 (arduino?)

Post by LoneWolf81 »

When it prompts you to unplug and re-plug the adapter are you doing it with the cable side connected to the avr board ( side that goes to the console), it can also be an issue with the cable you should test with another one as some cables are only for charging and don't have the data lines connected.

So in short both sides plugged in and when prompted only remove and re-plug the cable side and it should detect and load the firmware.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
car1

Post by car1 »

Hi Lonewolf.
If I unplug and replug the cable end from the pc, nothing happens. However, when I unplug and replug the adapter, it triggers the program.

Should I be doing it with the cable end? If so, then why isn't it triggering anything? Btw I'm using Windows because via Ubuntu there is no response.

Thx again
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

First make sure to have both ends plugged to computer and also check that the micro USB plug is fully inserted into the adapter. Then in Windows, open the device manager, and unfold the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section. Unplug and replug the USB cable. Check if a new COM port appears in the device manger (it will disappear after about 10s). If it does, this means the firmware can be updated by carefully following the update instructions. If it does not, this means there is a problem with the adapter, please send an email to the address indicated on product page.
GIMX creator
car1

Post by car1 »

Thanks Matlau! I'll check this out tonight.
car1

Post by car1 »

Matlo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:46 pm Hello,

First make sure to have both ends plugged to computer and also check that the micro USB plug is fully inserted into the adapter. Then in Windows, open the device manager, and unfold the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section. Unplug and replug the USB cable. Check if a new COM port appears in the device manger (it will disappear after about 10s). If it does, this means the firmware can be updated by carefully following the update instructions. If it does not, this means there is a problem with the adapter, please send an email to the address indicated on product page.
Matlo, it worked... although very oddly. But I managed to make it detectable and load the firmware that I needed.

I basically did as you said by opening device manager and unfolding the com lpt port section. I kept this window open while running the GIMX loader. The pc automatically detected the usb ends but when I unplugged the cable, it was still showing as detected causing a malfunction. Anyhow I kept unplugging and replugging both ends then reran the GIMX loader a couple times over until it succeeded. And you are correct.... by unplugging and replugging the cable end it triggered the firmware loader.

I guess the pc was a little glitchy and stubborn.

Thanks again for your help. Btw after the wheel set up is successfully complete and functional, I will make a tutorial thread to help others with a similar scenario.

Thank you all!!!
SkatmanNoob

Post by SkatmanNoob »

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Did you end up making a tutorial for this issue. Thanks in advance 🙏