Gimx freezes on launch

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
stevenrr

Gimx freezes on launch

Post by stevenrr »

Hello, installed all appropriate software and it worked for 5 min, now i get this. It stays like that and wheel is unresponsive. any ideas how to fix this?

WIndows 10
Gimx 8
Logitech driving force gt 29

Thanks

LoneWolf81

Re: Gimx freezes on launch

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

Please generate a log file and add it here.

Also your firmware is not updated on the adapter its still on 5.8 so you need to update it.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
stevenrr

Post by stevenrr »

Thanks for reply, It will not allow me to update firmware, says programmer not responding. Ill have the log file in a few.

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/6sHNdML7
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

First thing we have to do is sort out that firmware.

Also can you tell me if your adapter was bought or self made. What side are you unplugging and re-plugging the correct side is the AVR board side going to console normally.

Please add some clear pictures as I might have a suggestion you can try if it still refuses to update.

If it still refuses you can get the AVR to enter bootloader mode by quickly shorting the RST pin to GND twice

Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Try run gimx with administrador rights too.
ckaiycool

Post by ckaiycool »

Maybe try using arduino builder.
http://arduinodev.com/arduino-builder-tutorial/
stevenrr

Post by stevenrr »

ok, I have tried to run with admin rights before this post and no luck. The weird thing is, when i initially hooked it up for the first time the other day, it has been sitting for a year maybe, it worked fine for about 5 minutes, the steering wheel was responsive in the ps4 and everything. Then it disconnected and this is what Ive been getting. The first problem before the firmware was my computer wasnt showing the ps4 controller being connected. however if we need the firmware to be updated so be it. The adapter was purchased. No, ive been plugging the adapter on the pc side, it needs to be on ps4 side? Here are the screen shots.

This is the error i get when launching gimx

LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Yes its the side going to the PS4 you have to unplug and re plug, so you plug both sides in to the pc and when prompted you quickly unplug and re plug the side that normally goes to the PS4
stevenrr

Post by stevenrr »

Awesome, ok firmware is updated. Steering wheel is off to the right, i get this code.

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/DWbnqVgY
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Could be bad/broken USB cable.