adapter issue

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
kaiba_seto2004

Re: adapter issue

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

So I guess you need to replace cable from gimx to ps4.
PS4 enthusiast.
Kust

Post by Kust »

kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:31 am So I guess you need to replace cable from gimx to ps4.
I replaced cable, it didn't help
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

According to the log file it looks like your wiring is correct, but can I maybe ask that you post clear pictures of your adapter.

This is a list of things I would check.

1. Reload the firmware on your Arduino
2. Wiring connections
3. Try different USB ports and if possible avoid USB hubs
4. Replace the pro micro, I have only once come across this with a cloned version where the micro USB port was actually faulty
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Kust

Post by Kust »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:09 am According to the log file it looks like your wiring is correct, but can I maybe ask that you post clear pictures of your adapter.

This is a list of things I would check.

1. Reload the firmware on your Arduino
2. Wiring connections
3. Try different USB ports and if possible avoid USB hubs
4. Replace the pro micro, I have only once come across this with a cloned version where the micro USB port was actually faulty
Could the micro usb port be faulty if i downloaded firmware successfully ?
I reloaded firmware lots of times and connect GIMX to motherboard USB ports.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Your port is probably ok, in my case I could only load it if I did a hard reset on the board but after loading it would not respond on the xbox I was helping someone with. After I got another pro micro and programmed it it worked.

I must say this is really a tough one as everything looks good.

After looking at the log again I noticed the grab flag unset, can you test it with grab set to auto or on.

Also set your messages to curses and see if anything responds there when you press buttons or move the wheel.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
Kust

Post by Kust »

LoneWolf81 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 pm Your port is probably ok, in my case I could only load it if I did a hard reset on the board but after loading it would not respond on the xbox I was helping someone with. After I got another pro micro and programmed it it worked.

I must say this is really a tough one as everything looks good.

After looking at the log again I noticed the grab flag unset, can you test it with grab set to auto or on.

Also set your messages to curses and see if anything responds there when you press buttons or move the wheel.
I set messages to curses and all buttons respond when i press them.
Sorry, how to make grab set to auto or on? Is it "mouse capture"? If it is, i always set it to auto.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Yes its mouse capture, normally in the log it would say if its auto set you can set it to on to test but seeing as the curses output works it still points to the cable between the pro micro and the PS4 . How long is your cable ?

This might not make a difference but if you go to settings on your PS4 and then to devices and controllers. There is a option for communication method you can toggle between wired and use Bluetooth try to change it and see if it works. This is just form experience I had a client with a strange keyboard and mouse converter that would not work until we changed that setting.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you solder the pins on the pro micro?
GIMX creator