adapter issue

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
will

adapter issue

Post by will »

Hello,

I get this error when plugging in the adapter and pressing start. Have used gimx for awhile, its a new replacement adapter. Any pointers? p.s. I was able to update the firmware ok to the PS4 pad.

https://ibb.co/CKfkQwv
LoneWolf81

Re: adapter issue

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

Can you post a log file as well as this will help isolate the matter faster. Currently we have no idea what version you are using or the system you are running.

Did you buy the adapter or make it yourself ?

Just double check the wiring and if the correct port is selected, I have a PC running GIMX that sometimes defaults to another port and will give me the same message.

If everything checks out just reflash the firmware and try again.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
will

Post by will »

Hi Lonewolf,

thanks for replying, I got this one from Ebay but also waiting on one from Matlo (with the current crisis didn't know if I would get it!).

I reinstalled gimx and that got it working but something else is happening. I run gimx with my config file, I can navigate PS4 menu, press X to load up games etc but when I'm in a game for example (tried both fortnite and cod mw) X doesn't work and on COD it says "please reconnect controller" but if I press assigned PS button on keyboard it goes into my ps4 menu and I can navigate no problem, but no other buttons work in game nor does it detect any inputs. The curses option shows the inputs being registered. Authentication issue?

Log file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9rtl7nhhf6su ... g.txt?dl=0
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

I dont think its a authentication issue.

I see in the log file there is a reference to sixaxis <controller id="2" dpi="0" type="Sixaxis">

I just want to know the config file you are using is it one you made or was it downloaded. If you go into file and select edit config is the type selected as Dualshock4, Why im asking is if I make a log file I get the following id="0" name="Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller" that's on a config with type set to Dualshock 4.

I hope this is your issue and you can start kicking ass with your setup :mrgreen:
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
will

Post by will »

Thanks your input, you put me on the right path.

I use gimx for both dualshock and a steering wheel so I update the firmware on a regular basis as I change between the two, my last adaptor took a knock but I think the cable end must have too. The firmware was updating but the log file still showed G29 as controller type, changed cable and redone and wallah.

Let the isolation being! :D
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

No problem glad you got it sorted :D

Keep safe