Xbox Controller Turns Off After Launching GIMX

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Fluffywafflz

Xbox Controller Turns Off After Launching GIMX

Post by Fluffywafflz »

So I've been using GIMX for some time now and it hasn't been giving me any trouble until about a week ago. :cry: I've been needing to unplug and plug the controller back in my PC due to the program not responding after launching it via GIMX Launcher. And now it's to the point where it'll look like it's working properly, but the Xbox One Gen. 1 controller turns off and when I try to reconnect it while it's working and it just continually blinks as if it's searching or waiting to be connected. It then turns back on after I push SHIFT + ESC to quit the program. One of my friends had the same problem and I'm not sure what to do now. The adapter is a homemade one, and has been checked to make sure no wiring came undone or broke off. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Here is the Log File: https://pastebin.com/VmPZAbgP
Matlo

Re: Xbox Controller Turns Off After Launching GIMX

Post by Matlo »

Not sure to understand your issue with your controller.
  • If you want to use it together with GIMX, you should be able to bind controls using gimx-config.
  • If you want to use it as a second controller on the Xbox One while using GIMX, it's not possible as GIMX needs it to authenticate to the console.
GIMX creator
Fluffywafflz

Post by Fluffywafflz »

I made sure to use GIMX Config to make sure everything was binded correctly. So whenever I boot up my computer, and launch GIMX Launcher, my controller is turned on, like it should, but when I click 'Start', the controller light turns off and I get no response from it whatsoever on my Xbox. And whenever I push SHIFT + ESC to exit the software, the controller light turns back on. I've tried updating the firmware countless times and nothing seems to work. No errors show up on my computer when I click 'Start' on GIMX Launcher.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Firmware is okay, I think your xbox controller driver is something wrong.
Can you try with another PC or Ubuntu LiveCD ?
PS4 enthusiast.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There is no controller binding in your configuration. Also, to activate controller, you should press the guide button as told in GIMX guide and in GIMX black window.
GIMX creator
Fluffywafflz

Post by Fluffywafflz »

1. How would I repair or fix the drivers for the controller?

2. I have tried on my brother's PC, and it still runs into the same problem. I've even created multiple configs that I use to test with and none of them have worked...

3. I do try to push the guide button on the Xbox One controller when it prompts me to, but it just continuously blinks as if it's trying to search for an Xbox to connect to.

I apologize if I'm annoying you guys... I just wanna get my adapter to work... :(
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Since xbox controller driver is a part of OS, I doubt there any solutions to fix.
Did other windows games work with that controller?
PS4 enthusiast.
Fluffywafflz

Post by Fluffywafflz »

I tried multiple games with no luck...so does that mean I'm out of luck completely for the adapter? :/
Fluffywafflz

Post by Fluffywafflz »

Okay so I reverted to an older version of Windows 10 before I had this problem hoping that that would fix the problem, but it still doesn't work... the controller turns on when I click 'Start' on GIMX Launcher, but I'm still not getting any keyboard output on my Xbox... I have multiple Configs set up for testing it to see if im getting any kind of response, and none of them are working...I'm honestly at the point where I don't know what to do...I don't want to get rid of my adapter, but I can't seem to find any solutions... :(

Here is the Log File: https://pastebin.com/G9Y2brG9
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you try the XOnePadUsb.xml config from the official repository? You can get it using "Help > Get configs" in gimx-launcher.
GIMX creator