(Relatively) easy way to get audio and mic for Xbox Gimx.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
AdamP

(Relatively) easy way to get audio and mic for Xbox Gimx.

Post by AdamP »

Quite a lot of people have found it annoying and frustrating with the audio and mic not working when using the gimx for Xbox.( Including me).
If you already have multiple controllers you can simply plug one in to your Xbox as well as gimx for audio.
If, like me, you only have one controller here’s a link to a really great cheap controller that does the job: https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-en ... gL1x_D_BwE
If it doesn’t work for you, it is because the cables you are using aren’t USB data cables, so ensure that you use a data cable.
It’s pretty obvious, but hope this helped somebody out.
-Adam
kaiba_seto2004

Re: (Relatively) easy way to get audio and mic for Xbox Gimx.

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Thanks for sharing
Is it just simple plug headset to another controller? Does mic work? Because I used to hear people said that we need to create a party with another dummy user and you know it's kinda complicated and I don't have time to test.

Thank you :)
PS4 enthusiast.
Josh

Re: (Relatively) easy way to get audio and mic for Xbox Gimx.

Post by Josh »

Yes, as long as both controllers are assigned to the same account then all you have to do is use another controller and plug the headset into that and everything should work fine. Also if you want that controller to stay on and not auto turn off after around 10 min then plug the controller into one of the USB ports on the Xbox.