GIMX v.11 install causes windows to crash

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Phoenix101

GIMX v.11 install causes windows to crash

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi Matlo,
I want to report a serious bug that doesn't allow me to use GIMX adapter since the last update due windows crash; here what happened from yesterday:
I used GIMX 6.8 (or 6.9, I don't remember exactly) without issue then I disconnected the dual shock 4 and the GIMX from my PC. I forgot to disconnect the G27 and launched the v.11 update. The update caused windows to crash.
The PC was rebooted and the GMX installation was corrupted.
I launched a new installation and windows crashed again.
I rebooted the PC in fail safe compatibility mode (I don't know the correct name in English, sorry) and launced a new installation. It worked fine. I rebooted the PC in normal mode and tried to play again but the adapter didn't worked; sometimes dual shok 4 wasn't recognized or gimx adapter cannot be reachable.
I used Windows recovery mode and chosen the restore point before the update but the recovery mode didn't was applied entirely and I was notified about the error during the reboot sequence (I chosen to start windows as usual without chosing another restore point).
Then I made some research on the internet and found that USBDK could cause the issue. I tried to install the latest version of the USBDK stand-alone package and it caused a windows crash again. I cannot uninstall them because they are not listed into the control panel programs list.
What should I do?

EDIT:
my configuration Windows 7 64 bit
PS4+dual shock 4
G27
Teensy ++
Last edited by Phoenix101 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoDlike

Re: GIMX v.11 install causes windows to crash

Post by GoDlike »

Thanks for reporting. We will try to identify issue. Uncheck driver installation features at the end of the setup and please report the result.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Hi,
the setup doesn't prompt the choice to install or skip the driver install (If I am not wrong in v.6.11 it is forced).
During install when "finishing installation" is displayed I can hear the windows sounds played during the connection/disconnection of usb devices followed by the usual crash.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

So it looks like it's driver issue as I thought.

Can you provide windows version with build number? (dxdiag log file would be helpful, check here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -dxdiagexe)

For now please use version that worked before, try 6.8 or 6.9 as you said. We will try to fix this.
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Uninstalled v.6.11 and installed v.6.8; skipped USBDK and driver install. I cannot check now if the GIMX works.
DX diag log
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JQmNM ... AhgpXvzeWt
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Thanks for your cooperation :)

I notified Matlo about this issue. He will contact you for more info if he needs it in order to fix this bug. Sorry for problems.
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Ok, thanks.
I did other test;
I installed v.6.8.0 and skipped USBDK driver. GIMX doesn't work. Here the error message:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jO0Kc ... QpejGUP07P
other times Dual Shock 4 results not available/connected.

Then I reinstalled v6.8.0 with USBDK driver and the laptop crashed again. After the next boot every USB ports have result dead. No mouse, no keyboard, nothing... the device manager into the control panel displayed the yellow triangle near every components listed under the USB Controller. I tried to reinstall the "Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller" drivers but windows failed to repair them.

I used the windows restore point and luckily it successfully repaired the issue on the USB driver.
GIMX still doesn't work T_T

PS:
do you know where or how I can retrive the Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller / USB OpenHCD standard host controller drivers in case I need to repair them again? The support site for my laptop doesn't have anything about USB/motherboard drivers.
Last edited by Phoenix101 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

This looks like an internal USB hub. Some laptops have them.

You can also go Device Manager->Device->RMB->Properties->Driver tab->Roll Back driver.

That's pretty weird. You said 6.8 worked before, maybe there's some problem with your operating system?
Phoenix101

Post by Phoenix101 »

Thanks for the advice but the rollback option hasn't never been available.
The issue started during the v.6.11 install finalization which caused the crash. Also I forgot to un plug the G27 during the install. Maybe this could cause the issue? :/
I have no experience in checking the windows errors log but I found something related to the arduino driver. As I said I am not totally sure because I don't have enough knowlwdge in reading this kind of stuff. I can share them if you could tell me which section could be useful for you.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You need to wait for Matlo's reply as Im not involved in low-level gimx programming mate. This can take a while as he's pretty busy.