[WIN 7][PS4][GIMX6.9] can't read packet header

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
fluke87

[WIN 7][PS4][GIMX6.9] can't read packet header

Post by fluke87 »

Hi there,

as you can see by the topic, i got some issues with starting GIMX... After checking the wiki, FAQ, known issues and the support section, i still haven't found out how to solve my problem:

After opening the GIMX Launcher, i choose the options DIY USB / COM6 / Phys. Device and the Dualshock4 config with grab mouse activated. When i start the launcher a dosbox pops up (so far so good) and in the first line is written:
"windows/gprio.c:23 gprio: failed to set priority class".

The next box popping up you can see down in the log file:

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `Dualshock4.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM6'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.9 i386
Windows 7 SP1 x86
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
../common/windows/async.c:344 async_read_timeout: ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
../common/windows/async.c:344 async_read_timeout: ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
can't read packet header
gimx.c:242 SDL_main: no adapter detected
And after this an error shows up saying:

Code: Select all

Failed to detect the USB adapter:
- make sure to select the right port
- make sure to power on the target console
If you built the adapter yourself
- make sure the wiring is correct
- make sure it runs the right firmware
I bought the GIMX adapter a few days ago in the Shop, so it's not DIY... The adapter is plugged in PC and connected via the included cable to console (PS4). The console is always running while testing and light of adapter is flashing. The DS4 controller is original and everytime connected to the PC.
I am using an ordinary bluetooth keyboard and as mouse the Skiller SGM1 (connected via Cable). Changing buttons in GIMX config with keyboard and mouse is working (after disable multiple mice and keyboards).

What i tried so far:

- Windows 7 (should be 32 bit) is up to date
- reinstalled GIMX (with an without usbdk like in this Topic https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2230))
- tried to install newest firmware (EMUPS4) via GIMX Launcher, but fails after "unplug/replug the USB cable (Pro Micro Slide of the Adapter" and then "No new device found within 10 seconds". I just don't know what to do here...
- by following the Quick Start manual, i maybe found another issue: when i press the PS Button after starting GIMX Launcher, nothing happens... no blinking light or sounds... is this normal? Windows is showing me the wireless controller in my devices...

What can i do now?

Thanks for help!
Matlo

Re: [WIN 7][PS4][GIMX6.9] can't read packet header

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Is COM6 the only port available in the drop-down menu?
GIMX creator
fluke87

Post by fluke87 »

Hi Matlo,

The last time i tried to change it, there was only COM6 available.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please check if the micro usb cable is fully inserted. If it still does not work please contact me to the mail provided at the bottom of the product page.
GIMX creator
fluke87

Post by fluke87 »

Hi matlo,

Once again i checked if there are more Ports to select, but COM6 ist the only one to choose and the micro cable is also fully inserted.
I will send this to labs@gimx.fr too.