Can it work for FH3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Barnio

Can it work for FH3

Post by Barnio »

Hi all, Someone ever tried this with forza horizon 3, I mean can it work for having a th8a shifter along with a g25 wheel and being recognised as one device in that damn game?
isamu

Re: Can it work for FH3

Post by isamu »

Barnio wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 pm Hi all, Someone ever tried this with forza horizon 3, I mean can it work for having a th8a shifter along with a g25 wheel and being recognised as one device in that damn game?
Yes it's possible. Zero7159 got it working with FH3, albeit him and Mat are still trying to get GIMX to deliver proper FFB to his wheel. Everything else(ie multiple controllers/devices) is working fine:

https://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1976

Since you already own a G25 you're actually one step ahead of the game ;)
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Yep, I am playing Forza Horizon 3 on my PC using my Accuforce direct drive wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals, Thrustmaster THR8S H and Sequential shifters and my Fanatec Formula rim. As isamu mentioned, I do not yet have FFB, but I am working with Matlo on that and in the meantime I just added some center spring to the wheel's firmware via the Sim Commander 4 software. I have an Arduino adapter that is flashed with the G27 PC firmware.
esteady1

Post by esteady1 »

Hello,

I wanted to upvote this thread.

I am trying to emulate G27 on my PC to play PC games which support G27, but not my wheel, pedals and shifter.

I just received GIMX adapter from the GIMX store. I also have TIAO adapter.

Latest EMUG27PC firmware
Latest GIMX

Both give the same result.

Everything works, but no forcefeedback in any PC game. I can play FH3, GTA 5 (With mod), and Sebastien Loeb. I can steer and accelerate/brake, but no FFB.

I also cannot test FFB in the logitech profiler.

Is this normal for the current state of the GIMX firmware?

I have OSW direct drive wheel with MMOS firmware. I believe Isamu reported he can get FFB to work on his Bodnar wheel. Any tips? Can you test FFB in the logitech profiler?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
You'll find some instructions here about how to provide useful data about your wheel:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Fo ... rect_Input
I need this information to figure out what adjustments have to be made for your wheel.
GIMX creator
isamu

Post by isamu »

Matlo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:48 am Hi,
You'll find some instructions here about how to provide useful data about your wheel:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Fo ... rect_Input
I need this information to figure out what adjustments have to be made for your wheel.

That is a very good and informative guide! Everyone interested in this should read it.
birdy123

Post by birdy123 »

Zero7159 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:02 am Yep, I am playing Forza Horizon 3 on my PC using my Accuforce direct drive wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals, Thrustmaster THR8S H and Sequential shifters and my Fanatec Formula rim. As isamu mentioned, I do not yet have FFB, but I am working with Matlo on that and in the meantime I just added some center spring to the wheel's firmware via the Sim Commander 4 software. I have an Arduino adapter that is flashed with the G27 PC firmware.
Zero how did you get the Accuforce working? I am not able to get it to work. I host GIMX on my windows 10 laptop and it appears to connect properly and it shows up as a G27 on my desktop that runs the games but no input is output in the games. The PC specific firmware is installed on the GIMX board. I am using just an Accuforce pro with button box and Heusinkveld engineering pedals. Games tried F1 2017 and Project cars.

Any advice you can give me I would be very grateful of.
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

birdy, you need to map the controls in the GIMX software and then save the profile. The Accuforce should output such that when you turn the wheel left or right, it should show up in GIMX.
birdy123

Post by birdy123 »

Thanks Zero.

Just to confirm as well the Logitech gaming software only gets installed on the PC that is running the game itself, not the machine that is running GIMX?

Thanks for the advice!! :D
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

birdy, I don't use the Logitech Gaming Software at all. I do not see why it is necessary.