Most devices not showing inputs in config.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Seth Francis

Most devices not showing inputs in config.

Post by Seth Francis »

Ok, I would first like to say thank you for all the work that went into this.

I had started a thread a few months back, but I had been quite busy and the project got pushed to the wayside. Now I am trying again to get this project working as I have purchased a PS4 and have been beta testing GT Sport.

I have tried both win10 as well as a win7 laptop.

Now, the issue I am currently facing is this. When I attempt to map inputs within the gimx configuration software (this is without any adapter connected or anything, just trying to map inputs from my various devices so I can save my configuration file) nothing happens for most devices. For some reason I cannot get most of my device inputs to show up. I select the input I am lookin to map, select auto detect, press the input, and nothing happens with most of my devices. If I use a Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase in PC mode I am able get every input recognized, including the pedals and shifter if they are connected to the base.

However, if I connect the pedals and shifter separately the same thing happens. So far, the only devices I can get inputs to show up with are the Clubsport base V1, and my ricmotech button box. Inputs from my Clubsport pedals, elite pedals, Clubsport sq shifter, HE sequential shifter, Clubsport handbrake and SimuCUBE direct drive wheelbase are not detected when I click auto detect and press an input. The gimx software will continue looking for an input until I move the mouse or press a button on my keyboard.

This happens no matter what device I select from the "type" drop-down. I have also tried installing and uninstalling the Fanatec software, this makes no difference.

Could this have something to do with the device drivers that the computer automatically downloads? I don't know much about those device driver files. I would really like to figure this out though, I am itching to run GT Sport with my direct drive wheel!

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this, even when I try multiple machines? I habe heard other people getting these same devices to map without issue so I am pretty confused.

Also, I have read through the wiki as well as anu threads I came across that seemeseemed to have similar titles, unfortunately these avenues have not lead me to a solution.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help.
Matlo

Re: Most devices not showing inputs in config.

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Your post misses a log file which is very informative as it contains the GIMX version, the OS version and some other details...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator
Seth Francis

Post by Seth Francis »

Sorry about that, I have generated a log file within the launcher, the results are copy pasted below. When I connect the leonardo into another PC (with the launcher running and the USB adapter connected to the first PC) the device will be recognized as a g27 in the game controllers menu. I just cant figure out why GIMX gonfig isn't seeing the inputs from most of my devices. If you would like I can run the test with the diy adapter connected to a console and with the launcher running, I wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it though. Below are the two files I generated, one with each configuration I have.

This is the test with the stock G27_G29 configuration file selected

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechG27_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM14'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.2 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
windows/async.c:344 async_read_timeout: ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
gimx.c:208 SDL_main: no adapter detected

This is the test with my own configuration selected.

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `SimuCUBE+CSPV2.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM14'
now reading arguments for controller #2
grab flag is unset
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.2 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
windows/async.c:344 async_read_timeout: ReadFile failed: timeout expired.
can't read packet header
gimx.c:208 SDL_main: no adapter detected
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Your first move is to update GIMX.
Click on Help>Update in gimx-launcher.
Your issues are likely to be fixed in the latest version.
GIMX creator
Seth Francis

Post by Seth Francis »

Hello,
Thank you very much for the info on updating, I have updated to the latest GIMX version and now the configuration recognizes inputs from all of my devices! This is super exciting.

I have run into another little snag though. I can't seem to get my axises to work in game on PS4. I have the buttons working according to how I mapped them but for some reason the steering axis and pedal axis have no effect in game despite being mapped under axis within GIMX configuration. I can feel force feedback coming from the dd wheel as the car rolls on its own, but the in game wheel is constantly turned all the way left and the pedal inputs remain at zero.
I have followed the instructions regarding the PS4 controller connected to the PC, but one thing I was unsure of was when the black loader screen tells you to press the PS button does it mean the button on the device which is mapped to the PS button or am I supposupposed to press the actual PS button on the DS4. I have tried bith both and when pressing the PS button on the DS4 nothing happens, the controller remains off. However when I pess the botton mapped to PS on my steering wheel the PS4 will recognize this, I can use the steering wheel buttons to navigate all the PS4 menus and enter the game. The only thing that isn't workings is the gas, clutch, brake and steering axises. I can even shift with the paddle shifters.

Just for reference, I my pedals and steering wheel are sperate devices connected through two different USB ports to the PC. I am using the G29PS4 emulation firmware with my Arduino Leonardo. I can try the T300 one for PS4 if you think it might help.

I know I am so close to getting this to work, just have to get over this last hurdle. Thank you so much again for the previous advice on updating, I had spent hours trying to figure out why my devices weren't configuring before posting here. I am glad I decided to ask instead of giving up.
Seth Francis

Post by Seth Francis »

Update

I got the wheel and pedals working in game, it turns out I had to type a number in the sensitivity box. I am still trying to get the numbers correct so the steering and pedals are perfectly linear. There are no wheel adjustments other than FFB strength in gran turismo sport so I only have the adjustments in gimx config to work with. Still trying to figure out exactly how the dead zone nunber, sensativity number and accel number work, but I am very close.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This may be helpful:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Fo ... correction

You may also post your configuration and I'll have a look at it.
GIMX creator
Seth Francis

Post by Seth Francis »

Hey, thank you for the link. I was looking at joystick correction but I dont really know what the numbers represent. I am currently using elite pedals, I read tge raw input data on Windows and is goes from 0-1023 for each pedal. Would I use those numbers? I can post screenshots or share my current settins if that helps.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The axis range is probably translated to a 16bit range by windows.
Download a config from the GIMX repo (for example the LogitechDrivingForceGT_G29.xml one) and replicate the sensitivity and correction values.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
I just watched your youtube video. May I post it on the GIMX blog?
Also, do you still have issues with the pedal axis corrections?
GIMX creator