Troubleshooting mouse issues

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Orumm

Troubleshooting mouse issues

Post by Orumm »

Hello,

I have a RPi3 B installed with Raspbian Jessie, and made a USB adapter. Connection to my PS4 is suscessful, and I can operate with my keyboard just fine.

But I am having issues with the mouse/looking around. Hopefully someone can lend some insight.

Responsiveness and look sensitivity with my 8000 DPI mouse seems low. It takes several mouse strokes to turn around in-game. Also, GIMX can't seem to track my mouse motions when moving it quickly.

I have already trying adding "usbhid mousepoll=0" to the end of cmdline.txt which corrected jerking/lag, and greatly helped precision, but sensitivity is still lacking.

I am trying to play Overwatch, so recommended config settings or tweaks would be greatly appreciated. I have already turn sensitivity all the way up in-game.

-Orumm
Matlo

Re: Troubleshooting mouse issues

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

For the mouse polling I recommend a value of 2 (500Hz) or 4 (250Hz).
For the jerkiness and sensitivity issues you have to calibrate the mouse:
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Calibration
GIMX creator
Orumm

Post by Orumm »

Thanks Matlo!

That helped a lot in correcting the jerking and lack of control. After recalibrating, things have really smoothed out and I have a lot more control.

I do however still notice a bit of latency from when I move my mouse to when my character moves. How does the Hz of the mouse effect that, and do you have any suggestions to correct or reduce it?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
ProPokerPlayer

Post by ProPokerPlayer »

Try turning the deadzone settings on gimx down to 0 and slowing adjusting up from there until you are comfortable!