[config] The last of us

Post or request custom configuration files.
pawel

[config] The last of us

Post by pawel »

Hi,

I could not find an existing config for The last of us for PS3 so I started with an Uncharted config available on this forum and modified it, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. The config is here:
http://pastebin.com/1qqd9wHC
I'm pretty sure mouse config can be improved, it was good enough for me to beat the game so I didn't spend too much time on it. There is just 1 profle, aiming worked for me just fine.
On two occasions the game asks you to rotate left stick. You can then either do it using WSAD keys which is what I did or assign dualshock for that moment. It does not happen during combat so there is no time pressure to get it right. Other than that I had no problems whatsoever so I hope somebody will find it useful. I'm not going to list all the keys here, it's probably best to open this config in fpsconfig to see what's what. The only thing you won't see there is that D-Pad is binded to 1234 for weapons as well as to arrows for menus navigation and also G key fixes your flashlight if it flickers.

Pawel
Matlo

Re: [config] The last of us

Post by Matlo »

Thanks. It's now available through the config downloader (Help>Get Configs).
GIMX creator
pawel

Post by pawel »

Thanks. I forgot to mention - mouse wheel controls left stick's dead zone which effectively allows you go walk slower or faster. It's actually quite important, certain enemies can only be approached when you walk slowly, otherwise they will hear you.
Cara

Post by Cara »

Hi, I'm a first time GIMX user and I'm trying to use this config.

The mouse and most of the buttons seem to work, except for WASD. I've had a look at the config in gimx-config and gimx-fpsconfig and it looks correct to me. I did get a warning message from gimx-fpsconfig that profiles 1 & 2 do not contain the same bindings though. Could this be the problem? Is there an easy way to duplicate the correct profile?

Thanks,

Cara
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There's a bug with the control of the left stick intensity: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/issues/362
Try this one: http://pastebin.com/gpVzMVRu
It's the same config, with intensity control removed.
GIMX creator
Cara

Post by Cara »

Thanks, that works perfectly now. :D

Now I can play PS exclusive games without the experience being ruined by the frustration of using a controller, or having to buy additional hardware! Thanks for all your hard work. I don't know how you find the time to do this for free, so I'll be donating. :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for the donation!
The axis intensity control issue will be fixed in GIMX 5.5 that I will release in the next days.
In the config made by pawel, the mouse wheel is used to control the intensity of the left stick, which allows to walk slower or faster.
GIMX creator