Black Ops 2 Gimx Config / G500 Settings

Post or request custom configuration files.
WickedBD

Black Ops 2 Gimx Config / G500 Settings

Post by WickedBD »

Hello All,
Once again i just want to thank Matlo for all the work that has been applied into creating gimx and the time aswell. Now to my questions.

Black ops 2 deadzones are diferent than any other Call of duty game also they have a max sensitivy at 14(Even though i find it could be faster myself). I wanted to ask if anyone has the normalized parameters for BO2 so i can get the best performance possible with my G500 Mouse??

Now i wanted to ask also a few questions regarding setpoint settings. I would assume that max Dpi and the highest polling rate possible on the mouse would be best since past games it was recomended(Its the reason i purchased my g500 :D)
My main question is what the pointer speed and acceleration should be set at to also maximize my gaming experience. Os native drivers setting i assume i keep it checked to be on also.

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions. Everyone enjoy your day/Night
Matlo

Re: Black Ops 2 Gimx Config / G500 Settings

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Sadly I don't have BO2.

You should try to find the right parameters by yourself. There are step-by-step instructions on the wiki.
Once you have something good, please consider sharing your configuration! (paste it on pastebin, and post the link)

Max DPI is always best. The best frequency is 500Hz (1000Hz is overkill).
The mouse OS or manufacturer settings do not matter as GIMX gets raw events from the mouse.
GIMX creator
WickedBD

Post by WickedBD »

Wow Matlo thanks for getting back to me in such a quick timeline.   Matlo, i don't Know if you have been told by gimx users that Bo2 has an oval dead zone its a trip :S.  

Thank you for your advice i can start to fiddle with gimx in a little bit. I have to reinstall Ubuntu because aircrack-ng made some things inconsistent. Thank you again Matlo , if only the internet was full of more admin/devs like you , keep it up! Have a wonderful day ( its not quite sunrise here yet :))

MarkBrand

Post by MarkBrand »

http://pastebin.com/X66NRHeU

This might be a decent starting point. I used a g500 @5700 with sensitivity all the way up. I didn't do anything with button setup yet, just muddled through the calibration. ADS could also use some work. This is my first calibration but hopefully it helps. I'll post an update when I get things refined, but I'd like to see what others come up with.
mikotoiii

Post by mikotoiii »

Here's what I've been using for Black Ops 2 and my PS3. It seems to work a little better via Bluetooth and Linux, then it does on Windows with the DIY Adapter.

http://pastebin.com/Z0KtUVhs

I should also note that I encountered a binding issue with this config and my Logitech G15 Keyboard. The bindings for the G-Keys were not the same in Linux and Windows, and you will most likely need to rebind them.

I have another config which I used the customization guide on the wiki for, but I don't like the feel of it as much as with this one. I can post it up when I get home from work though so there are a couple configs to compare against.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Your sensitivity seems quite high for a 5700DPI mouse. Did you set the in-game sensitivity and the mouse DPI setting to the highest values?
GIMX creator
mikotoiii

Post by mikotoiii »

I did, and the sensitivity is a little high, but I can't quite seem to nail down a good sensitivity.

BO2 goes to / is set at the highest (14 in game)
Mouse is set to 5700 Dpi, and is running at 1000Hz. I also closed out the SetPoint program.

I've used the guide for setting the deadzones and all that, but can't quite seem to nail it down.

Here's the custom one that I did following the guide on the wiki, the numbers seem really off to me, and it may be that I'm doing it wrong. I followed it to the letter though.
http://pastebin.com/GBqAUEuJ

Here's the config that I use every day. I think the other one that I posted is a little old, and was set up for my laptop running linux, and bluetooth.
http://pastebin.com/d6wzAhcw