[config] Battlefield 3

Post or request custom configuration files.
Theo

Re: [config] Battlefield 3

Post by Theo »

I found out that lowering the game's sensitivity about 4-7 clicks from max sensitivity really helps reduce the blocky movements. Let me know if this works for you too.
Baddabing

Post by Baddabing »

Having played around with GIMX for awhile, setting the DZ to 0 seems to eliminate all the jerkiness. I've only tested it in campaign so far, but will play some multiplayer later to see how it fares in the heat of battle.

This feels good for me using a rat 9 mouse at 5600dpi

DZ 0 circle 30.00 sens, 0.30 accel, x/y 1.00, smooth 1, 0.50
DZ 0 circle 25.00 sens, 0.30 accel, x/y 1.00, smooth 1, 0.00
Jas0rz

Post by Jas0rz »

I've been playing around with this for a little while now, and I can't for the life of me get rid of the jerkiness of the mouse.. I've almost got it sorted out for iron sights, but any moving around other than a little bit and its very inconstant and jerks all over the place.. which seems to be the exact opposite of most other people.. =(

I'm using a G500 mouse with the DPI set to 5700, as well have the in game sensitivity cranked all the way up.

If anyone had any ideas I would love them forever.
diesel84

Post by diesel84 »

Jaz, have you tried the BF3 config that McKack posted? I just got Gimx .25 working but i own a Logitech M100, 5$ mouse and only 1000dpi. I just ordered a G500 and wanted to make sure it will work without choppiness. Let me know if you figure it out.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Check out the Additional Notes in the first post. Updated today.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Jas0rz

Post by Jas0rz »

diesel84 wrote:Jaz, have you tried the BF3 config that McKack posted? I just got Gimx .25 working but i own a Logitech M100, 5$ mouse and only 1000dpi. I just ordered a G500 and wanted to make sure it will work without choppiness. Let me know if you figure it out.
I actually noticed the download for the file after i stopped playing around with it. It's going ot be a couple of days before I can play with it again, but I'll def let you know. Don't worry too much about the G500 though... Best mouse I've ever owned or used. period. =D
Neddy

Post by Neddy »

Just got a G500 as I figured my cheap mouse was the problem, but it is exactly the same, I have yet to get any sort of smooth movement with BF3, I am pretty sure I have tried every config available on here.. Is everyone having this problem ?

Is there an updated video since retail release ? the video in the first post shows excellent movement, but that was the beta.

Unless it's something I have missed or set wrong, my mouse is set to 5700 and my polling is at 500, not sure if there are any other settings I need to look at. I am using Linux, it is a bit confusing as I am normally a Windows user. All I did with the config's was replace the mouse, keyboard and the dpi setting, not sure what all the other settings are for tbh.

I can aim better with a controller and I suck with a controller.. :-(
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

BF3 on PS3 is known to be broken (read First Post/Additionnal notes), but as McKack says, it still should be better with GIMX...

What kind of movement issue do you have? Lag? Jerky aim?

Did you use Logitech's Setpoint software to set 5700dpi?
GIMX creator
Neddy

Post by Neddy »

Yea I used setpoint to set the DPI, 5700 being the highest and just random smaller ones.

When you move the mouse it jumps and sort of stutters around, some times it doesn't move at all.

I have not given up though, just not had another chance to play with it. I was going to try another game in case it is just BF3 being a pain.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please open a thread in the support section so that we can try to solve your problem without spamming this thread.
GIMX creator