[config] Battlefield 3

Post or request custom configuration files.
linuxn00b

Re: [config] Battlefield 3

Post by linuxn00b »

Matlo wrote:From what I've read the aiming on ps3 is really bad: link.

Video showing the latency issue:

It seems that a temporary fix is to use 576p...
My problem isn't latency alone - more lagg - so if i turn 180°, the mouse stops/lagg's/bumbs 6-7 times, and that makes it pretty har hitting anything :S
Anywho i'm getting a 55" LED TV today, will try turning res down to 576p ~ I will update post with result, and if no improvement, i'll try 2 catch a small vid showing my issue :)
McKack wrote: @linuxn00b
I did mostly big/fast movements in the video. It's hard to see the jitters then, but they were there believe you me. I run serial and I'm currently using a deadzone of 36-38. Sometimes it almost feels like I need to use a higher deadzone for vertical aim than horizontal, even with a proper multiplier and x/y ratio.

I recently signed up on TwitchTV and have been playing with the idea of doing some streaming of GIMX usage (bonus being me toying around with calibration live!)
This is basically to be able to capture a lot more footage, not having to worry about harddrive space which has become an issue lately (I've been uploading much less to YouTube than I'd like to, and I can do that directly from TwitchTV)

Feel free to subscribe if you want a notice when I go live.

@McKack - Even when using big movements i get lags, cannot play as smooth as youre vid in any case - u'll se if i capture some photage ;)

Btw - Will subscribe ;)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

@linuxn00b

Did you set your G500 @5700dpi using Logitech's Setpoint software?
Please also attach your config file within a Code tag so that we can see if there's something wrong.
GIMX creator
linuxn00b

Post by linuxn00b »

Hmm my g500 got set up in windows with the 3 profiles 1: 2000dpi, 2: 3500dpi and 3:5700dpi.
Am I supposed to install software or drivers i linux? Searched, but couldn't find any...
I'll paste my sixemu conf here l8r 2night when I get home, hopefully along with vid of crazy laggs... ;)
Zero

Post by Zero »

Matlo wrote:
Zero wrote:ouch that is some serious delay.
Wonder if USB timings are better.
There's no way the latency is a bt related issue as it's fine with 576p...
Oh, good point :roll:
I guess the game priorities are gfx over input ... such a shame.
McKack

Post by McKack »

After testing 576p it was obvious. Vertical sync.
For some reason vertical sync seems to ALWAYS be on in 720p+ No tearing but horrible input lag (what gives, no triple buffering, DICE?)
In 576p, it seemed to be automatic (the vertical sync). Most of the time the aim would be incredibly responsive, but the graphics would suffer from horrible tearing. Then out of nowhere the input lag would return and vsync appeared to be on.
I've had these exact same problems with some games on PC.
You'd think it'd be the other way around though, resolution + vsync wise.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
sp3c14list

Post by sp3c14list »

Hey Guys,

first of all, i say thanks for this really good site.

I really like playing with the ps3, but not first person shooters. Now i bought Battlefield 3 and tried out the GimX Tool. It really works, but not 100%. Too much delay.

My system is a acer aspire one with Ubuntu 10.11. 1 GB RAM, and Intel Atom processor with 1,6 GHz.

Now i tried a old Bluetooth Stick from D-Link (DBT-120). It works with sixemugui -> bluecore2-ext (i think).

But the delay is really high.. And when i push to much buttons, you cannot control your person any more...

What could this be? A too slow system? Bad transferrate @ Bluetooth Stick?

Would it be better, to use a internal bluetooth chip?

Whats perfect?

Greetings from Germany!
Dont worry, be happy!!!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

@sp3c14list

Did you read the posts above?! BF3 has a lot of input latency @720p, which makes it unplayable at this resolution (just try 576p).

Are you using a N230 or a N330 atom? I'm using a N330 and I can tell it's perfect for that task.
The DBT-120 is fine, I have the same one and it works.
My guess is, you are using a mouse @400-800dpi, aren't you?
GIMX creator
sp3c14list

Post by sp3c14list »

Ok i will try an other resulution...

i have a N270 processor! That sounds good, when you tell that works perfect!

Mouse has 2200 DPI...

Would it be possible to send me your config?

just try your one!

This is a so good Board! Fast help!! I will try, when i am at home and tell my result! The resulution i change in PS3 menu?

Greetings
Dont worry, be happy!!!
rizzlan

Post by rizzlan »

I don't feel that input-delay you guys are talking about, if I move the mouse I get instant movement in the game.
McKack

Post by McKack »

It's there unless you're running in 576p. Not everyone may notice it though (it may feel instant if you're already used to input lag through your TV, etc.)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template