Configuration Requests and Index thread

Post or request custom configuration files.
McKack

Re: Configuration Requests and Index thread

Post by McKack »

Yeah BO config will work for now. I will make separate ones for MW3 (and possibly MW2) because of how the kill streaks work a little bit differently than BO, and COD4 for that matter if I recall correctly.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Farlokko

Post by Farlokko »

Hi i have some doubts that maybe you can solve. First of all: it's ok if i change my config. setting with the "gimx fps-configurator" directly? Then i'd like to know what configuration is as close as possible to the mouse, especially in modern warfare 3. I use gimx on a ps3 and i tried every kind of configuration with bad results. The main problem is the difference between the acceleration of the PC and PS3...any solution?

P.S. i set 5600 in the box under "mouse DPI", i don't know if i did a good thing...i have a R.A.T. v7 as mouse...

Thanks for your attention and you will pardon my bad English.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Farlokko wrote:Hi i have some doubts that maybe you can solve. First of all: it's ok if i change my config. setting with the "gimx fps-configurator" directly?...
Issue 136
Farlokko wrote:... Then i'd like to know what configuration is as close as possible to the mouse, especially in modern warfare 3. I use gimx on a ps3 and i tried every kind of configuration with bad results. The main problem is the difference between the acceleration of the PC and PS3...any solution?

P.S. i set 5600 in the box under "mouse DPI", i don't know if i did a good thing...i have a R.A.T. v7 as mouse...

Thanks for your attention and you will pardon my bad English.
As mentioned in my previous post above, the Black Ops config should work just fine. It's hard to get the exact same feeling as with PC but it's pretty darn close. I recommend you play around with calibration. You can find explanations of what the different values do here (it's not quite finished or up to date but the information in itself should be helpful)
Pay special attention to the Exponent part.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
bCloud09c

PS3 Modern Warfare 3 Configuration

Post by bCloud09c »

Do you have a configuration for MW3 on PS3?
MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

I know that Killzone 2 is a tough one to configure - that's why I failed so far, but maybe someone has the "least bad" settings for it? I'm using MX518 @ 2000DPI and 500MHz.
McKack

Re: PS3 Modern Warfare 3 Configuration

Post by McKack »

bCloud09c wrote:Do you have a configuration for MW3 on PS3?
McKack wrote:Yeah BO config will work for now. I will make separate ones for MW3 (and possibly MW2) because of how the kill streaks work a little bit differently than BO, and COD4 for that matter if I recall correctly.
>> Here
MaxiM wrote:I know that Killzone 2 is a tough one to configure - that's why I failed so far, but maybe someone has the "least bad" settings for it? I'm using MX518 @ 2000DPI and 500MHz.
I did some attempts waaaay back, before forced events and all that.
I'll download the demo and give it another go. I'll post the "least bad" results I get.
MaxiM

Re: PS3 Modern Warfare 3 Configuration

Post by MaxiM »

McKack wrote:
MaxiM wrote:I know that Killzone 2 is a tough one to configure - that's why I failed so far, but maybe someone has the "least bad" settings for it? I'm using MX518 @ 2000DPI and 500MHz.
I did some attempts waaaay back, before forced events and all that.
I'll download the demo and give it another go. I'll post the "least bad" results I get.
Thanks man. I've spent hours yesterday tweaking the values, but I feel like I'm missing some elusive sweet spot. It feels like this game has a de-celeration :shock:
When I move the mouse really fast the movement on the screen is very slow and doesn't move that much, but when I move the mouse slower I can do a 360* with the same settings in half the motion range. I really don't get it, but I'm also still in the dark when it comes to GIMX.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Yes, the game has tons of acceleration, deceleration, smoothing and/or whatnot to give it that "weighted" feel. Thus, a fast movement of the mouse won't give the aim in the game time enough to accelerate to full speed, while a slow movement will (this happens in most games but Killzone is practically the worst case scenario of this) Unfortunately I don't think there's a sweet spot.
There is however an option you can enable in the full version of the game (that isn't available in the demo) that might give it a somewhat better feel, but might also render my config useless.

Killzone 2 patch adds 'high precision' controls

MaxiM

Post by MaxiM »

I know about this high precision thing. It's on by default anyway :]

I tried to disable this and reconfigure GImx afterwards, but it ended in total disaster. I'm pretty sure you can come up with something much better than me ;) I'm anxious to test your config.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Better? Well, I'm not sure about that. Especially not being able to test it with the high precision enabled.
Configs/feel of aim is often personal preference :)
I'll keep a lookout for cheap, second hand copies of the game, though, and I'll try to come up with something better.
Attachments
Killzone2.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 504 times