Profile switching/toggling (and some other observations)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Asgaroth

Profile switching/toggling (and some other observations)

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi All,

I wonder if someone can point me in the correct direction here, I've tried looking through the wiki/forums but I cant seem to find what I am looking for (more than likely a newby error :))

I am trying to setup driving mode on profile 3 of my setup (which I came across in some posts on the forum), and I think I have it mostly working, however, I'm having an issue with switching to this profile.

Is it possible to assign the key (which I did do) to activate the profile to be pressed once, then the profile is active for the duration until that button is pressed again and then the previous profile (profile 1) is activated.

What currently happens is that I have to press, and hold down, the profile activation button for the key bindings to work, it would be nice to just be able to press the profile activation button once, to activate it, then a second time, to deactivate it (or switch back).

Let me try an explain what I am trying to achieve first, when profile 3 is activated, I am trying to assign the WASD keys to be accelerate (W), reverse (S), turn left (A) and turn right (D) while driving, additionally, I have switched the mouse buttons, left click (Fire), right click (Gadget/Smoke).

What I have noticed is that when I activate the profile by holding down Left-ALT (this is my profile activation button) then for a short while the bindings in the profile works, however, then the forward button (W) is continuously activated - even if I am not pressing it. Is this by design or, possibly more correctly, a configuration issue on my side.

I am using PS3_Battlefield3_McKack.xml as a base template to start from.

Some details of my system (as required by READ ME FIRST sticky in forum)

[1] Mouse = Razor Naga
[2] Keyboard = Logitech G15
[3] OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
[4] GIMX version 1.0.0
[5] DIY USB adapter used for connection
[6] Game = PS3 Battlefield 3

Please let me know if I have explained myself correctly here, I would really love to get this working, at the moment, I'm playing a grunt, but would like to setup profiles for driving and flying, in this instance I'm trying to get the driving going :)

Any and all comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matlo

Re: Profile switching/toggling (and some other observations)

Post by Matlo »

Did you uncheck "Switch back" in the "Overall" tab?

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Con ... verall_tab
GIMX creator
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi Matlo,

Yes, I did enable the "Switch Back" tick box in the "Overall" tab.

I just noticed on the link that you posted below, that the profile is only active while the profile activation button is held down, so, for example, if profile 2 has an activation button of right click then that profile is active while the right mouse button is held down, when it is released then it switches back to the previous profile.

What I was wondering is, is it currently possible, to, for example, have profile 3 have an activation button of ALT, and if you press the button once (don't hold it down) it activates profile 3 and then, if the profile activation button is pressed again (ALT) then switch back to the previous profile? This would be handy for driving, so when you jump in to a vehicle, you press ALT and your "driving" profile is active all the time until you press ALT again, which will switch you back to the previous profile.

I hope I am explaining myself correctly :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Just disable the "Switch back" tick box...
GIMX creator
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi Matlo,

Let me see if I understand what you are saying here.

[1] If the "Switch Back" tick box is enabled, then I have to hold down the "Profile Activation Button" for the duration of me wanting the profile active.
[2] If the "Switch Back" tick box is disabled, then I can press the "Profile Activation Button" once to enable the profile, and the profile will stay active until I press the "Profile Activation Button" again, at which point it will then switch back to the previous profile (Profile 1)

Is my understanding of the above correct?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Asgaroth wrote: [1] If the "Switch Back" tick box is enabled, then I have to hold down the "Profile Activation Button" for the duration of me wanting the profile active.
Right.
Asgaroth wrote: [2] If the "Switch Back" tick box is disabled, then I can press the "Profile Activation Button" once to enable the profile, and the profile will stay active until I press the "Profile Activation Button" again, at which point it will then switch back to the previous profile (Profile 1)
Wrong.
If you want to switch from profile 3 to profile 1, you have to define a trigger for profile 1 (which can be the same trigger as for profile 3).
GIMX creator
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up, I will give that a go.