DIY USB Adapter (Where to get parts in Europe)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Asgaroth

DIY USB Adapter (Where to get parts in Europe)

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi All,

I've been looking around the forums to see if I can find links to a store to find the recommended components for the USB DIY adapter (CP2102 and Teensy 2.0 with pins). I am based in Ireland and I had a look at eBay.ie but I cannot seem to track down the Teensy board here, I could get the CP2102 from the UK.

Can anyone recommend an online store in Europe that I could get the CP2102 and Teensy 2.0 with pins from please, or, are there other recommended combinations that I could use. I've read some mixed reviews about the Arduino so I am not sure about that board. It looks like most people have had great success with the Teensy/CP2102 combination.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
niema

Re: DIY USB Adapter (Where to get parts in Europe)

Post by niema »

I couldn't find the teensy board too. I had to buy Arduino Leonardo and it works great, however it doesn't have pins. It is nearly impossible to fit the components into case/box without soldiering. Teensy fits in matchbox.
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Thanks for the info, where did you obtain the Arduino Leonardo board from, was it eBay?

Just another quick question off the top of my head, is the Bluetooth support planning on being extended to Windows systems as well, or will it only ever be supported under Linux?
niema

Post by niema »

No, at a shop in my country.

And as for bluetooth support:
The windows bluetooth stack is weak. It does not provide the low-level access to bluetooth that is required to emulate a sixaxis.
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Thanks for the information :)

I have found these links for the Arduino Leonardo and CP2102 devices, would you mind confirming that these are OK please

Arduino Leonardo R3
CP2102

Is there anything else I need to get to make this device?

All comments/tips appreciated :mrgreen:
niema

Post by niema »

Yep, these are good.

You'll also need male to female jumper wires e.g. Click
Asgaroth

Post by Asgaroth »

Hi Niema,

Just an update if anyone else comes across this post, everything is working great!! Thanks for the help!

Now to go do some tweaking whoohoo!