Windows 7
DIY USB Adapter w/ Rec Teensy 2.0 and CP2102 STC USB to TTL
Flashed Teensy w/ correct Firmware linked from site
downloaded Cp210 driver linked from site
Gimx .51
PC recognizes Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge
All connections are correct
Followed all instructions

Been fooling with this hours upon hours new to all of this. I do what you say and :

Plug USB into PC
Turn on PS3
Plug Teensy into PS3 slot 1
Turn Sixaxis Controller on (which shows as controller 2 so i know ps3 is recognizing slot 1)

But no buttons work on keyboard and mouse ive tryed loading and using multiple configs nothing seems to be working for me please help me out anyone.

The current Config which i dont know if it is correct is...

http://pastebin.com/hcshcput

Also when i start gimx conf up everytime something is pressed i get Processing time higher than 4000us: is this normal ?
Matlo

Re: Cant get Keyboard/Mouse to work on PS3

Post by Matlo »

Did you try to check Ouput>Terminal or Output>GUI? Is the controller state updated?

Could you post a picture of your wiring?

Could you test your serial adapter as explained there?
GIMX creator
Amatsu8227

Post by Amatsu8227 »

Only had 15 mins before work to check through these things but.. Gui everthing seems to work fine, Terminal a bunch of stuff comes up then every once in a while says Processing time higher than 4000us:

Didnt have time to take pictures of wiring but i know its right.

Did the the test just having rx hooked up to tx selected correct Com under monitor typed small words and sent but nothing happened did not send the words i typed. Does that mean my adapter is bad?

This is my adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/321056416665?ss ... 1497.l2649

The RX TX Grnd are placed differentely on this adapter than one in tutorial but i made sure i had in those 3 slots connecting back to grnd D2 and D3. All lights come on when plugged into pc on adapter. I recieved it with 3 pins being bent but i wouldnt think that would affect it. When i get home i will try inverting rx and tx agian.

I ordered another Adapter since there so cheap and so it will be here soon if it is that. Also i noticed the persons post below mine is very similiar doesnt seem to be resolved. You recommended to use Ubuntu Live CD and USB... are you meaning to install Ubuntu on a flashdrive to try and get it working on that OS?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
Amatsu8227

Post by Amatsu8227 »

Hey man when i got home i inverted the jumpers and worked like a charm dont know what went wrong the first time i tried it.. Anyways thanks a bunch