Mouse sensitivity conversion

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matt

Mouse sensitivity conversion

Post by Matt »

There are a few things I don't understand about mouse sensitivity conversion. Hope you guys can help me out.

This part is for the FPS gamers. Before using a prebuilt config file, you have to convert the sensitivity so that it matches your own mouse DPI.

What's sensitivity conversion? Is it basically entering your mouse DPI in a config?

GIMX provides means to convert the sensitivity, knowing both the DPI of the source mouse (which can be embedded in the config file) and the DPI of the destination mouse.

What's source mouse and destination mouse? I'd say that source mouse is the DPI set in a config and destination mouse is physical mouse.

If the source DPI and the destination DPI are the same, there is no need to convert anything.

Does it mean that if I set my mouse DPI too say 2000 and make sure I use 2000 DPI on my mouse there's no need to convet anything? What if I set 2400 DPI in a config and use 2000 DPI mouse?
Matlo

Re: Mouse sensitivity conversion

Post by Matlo »

It's all about using a prebuilt config, which means a config built by someone else, for its own mouse, which generally does not match your own mouse DPI.

Since there's no way for the software to guess what's the mouse DPI, it's up to the user to tell the value.
GIMX creator
Matt

Re: Mouse sensitivity conversion

Post by Matt »

Thank you. Btw. awesome job creating GIMX!