multiple joystick macro

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
McD0n3ld

multiple joystick macro

Post by McD0n3ld »

Hi there,

I'm working with Raspberry Pi + GIMX. I'm using two joysticks: Logitech Dual Action and Green Asia Maxfire Blaze2. Both joysticks are recognized by the system and GIMX. Both work fine together and everything is ok.

Now, I need to configure different macros for both gamepads, and I know that it's not implement. I was thinking about making it myself, but now I wonder why is not done. I hope you can answer me.

Regards,
McD0n3ld
Matlo

Re: multiple joystick macro

Post by Matlo »

It's more complex to work with several mice/keyboards/joysticks because it requires to specify a device name and a device id for each event.
And if you embed device names + ids in a config or a macro, only someone using the same devices will be able to use it.
GIMX creator
McD0n3ld

Post by McD0n3ld »

Well, I could use two same type keyboards for playing, and GIMX assigned different ids to each keyboard (as long as they have same idProduct & idVendor & idName) and it worked (so config supports multiple same type devices). So, if that is implemented on GIMX, why is not implemented in macros?

Regards,
McD0n3ld
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McD0n3ld wrote:So, if that is implemented on GIMX, why is not implemented in macros?
Because my free time is not unlimited.
GIMX creator