Spoofing

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
cider303

Spoofing

Post by cider303 »

So I understand that the xbox360 support is in the experimental phase right now but I am mainly looking for suggestions.
So far:
I have downloaded the firmwares .30 for the 360 and loaded it onto the teensy
I am using gimx .42
I have the ttyl converter set up and recognized
ttyl converter and teensy set up correctly (I have checked a couple of times now)
I have tried with two controllers of different firmwares 1.10 and 1.14
I am following the directions with the wait time as close as possible
edit: I am also using ubuntu 12.04

Both get me stuck at the spoofing screen. saying it errored and to try again. The xbox never recognizes the controller

Any suggestions what I should try next?

-My thought was to look at the firmware 1.14 change that was listed in these forums next and try that but I need to search for the source I think.
-My other thought was to try a 3rd party controller
-should I use ubuntu 11.10?

Also, I had a general question... What is the purpose of having the teensy? Why cant you use the cpu to send data to the xbox. I understand the voltage change requirements of the serial convertor but why not do the keystroke conversion on the pc?
Thanks
Matlo

Re: Spoofing

Post by Matlo »

cider303 wrote:-My thought was to look at the firmware 1.14 change that was listed in these forums next and try that but I need to search for the source I think.
Try this: http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=561
cider303 wrote:Also, I had a general question... What is the purpose of having the teensy? Why cant you use the cpu to send data to the xbox. I understand the voltage change requirements of the serial convertor but why not do the keystroke conversion on the pc?
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ ... b_cable.3F
GIMX creator
cider303

Re: Spoofing

Post by cider303 »

Hey, just wanted to let you know that after changing the unknown descriptors and updating the firmware on the teensy spoofing was successful thanks!