Missing controls with Motioninjoy

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: Missing controls with Motioninjoy

Post by Matlo »

Maybe it's the same problem as you bound axes to d-pad buttons...
GIMX creator
NeoNaito

Post by NeoNaito »

well I tried programming it in FPS config just now, didn't work, and I tried with buttons, didnt work. Do you think you might be able to build me a config that uses a PS3 controller through GIMX with motioninjoy?

Edit, I just tried an experiment and switched the buttons from the right side of the controller to the left side, basically the Dpad buttons don't work, even when they are registered, they just don't seem to work. no matter what i bind them to, cept for UP, it works
NeoNaito

Post by NeoNaito »

Is this maybe an issue with GIMX only registering 0-10 buttons on a joystick? because GIMX registers them as 11 12 and 13.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I will test it ASAP.
GIMX creator
NeoNaito

Post by NeoNaito »

Thank you for all your hard work, and if you can figure out a way for me to get my R2 button to work, I would love that too! axis tabdoesn't allow me to show negative and positives, and L2 goes positive and R2 goes negative, so i cant really figure out how to seperate the 2. On the button tab R2 registers as id 2 axis down, and L2 is device 2 axis up. Any ideas?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I have reproduced the issue. I'm investigating on this.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I fixed the following issues: You can either wait for the next release (no idea about the date) or build gimx from the sources.

I created a new config named 'PS3_WINDOWS_X360Pad_usb.xml', which is available through the 'Help>Get configs' menu.
GIMX creator
NeoNaito

Post by NeoNaito »

This is probably why people love you... because you just made my heart pound. You are truly an amazing person, both in kindness and intelligence. Now I all I gotta is wait for next release, if you want you can email it to me at my email... I have no idea how to build it or what programs I would even need

Tried to figure out how to build from sources... didn't even know where to begin, guess I am waiting for .41, hope it comes soon!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

NeoNaito wrote:Tried to figure out how to build from sources...
Everything is explained step by step on the wiki: http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Dev ... on_Windows (skip the last part about Eclipse)
GIMX creator
attackroot

Post by attackroot »

Matlo wrote:
NeoNaito wrote:Tried to figure out how to build from sources...
Everything is explained step by step on the wiki: http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Dev ... on_Windows (skip the last part about Eclipse)
Well that was the problem I was having I couldn't use he d-pad on Madcatz fightstick except for up now I did everything in the tutorial as shown and the program gets installed into: C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\username\GIMX\setup

Then I can't seem to start them because it says this:
Config editor for GIMX has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
FPS config editor for GIMX has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
GIMX launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So I can't start it when installing mingw I download from that download it it is provided into wiki and choose to install c compiler and c++ compiler and MSYS Basic System, as shown into the screenshots then after I make the commands as shown into wiki I get program installed there but I can't even start it!

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong you can't use to download the most recent catalogs but only the pre-packaged ones that fixed it! The problem is solved