PS3 not seeing GIMX-serial

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
noheadmo

PS3 not seeing GIMX-serial

Post by noheadmo »

it's me again.
After putting the alternative SDL.dll into the GIMX folder it started to recognize my headmouse. The calibration works fine and when I plug the Teensy side into the PC it is recognized as HID-Gamecontroller. The CP2102 driver is installed correctly.

PS3 Firmware 4.2

The problem is that I cannot see any indication that the PS3 can see the GIMX (which is connected with the the Teensy side in the PS3) anymore. It does not work. Well, it appears that the very first time I plugged the GIMX into the PS3 there was a little info on the upper right corner of the TV but it didn't happen again.

It is correct to connect it with Teensy to PS3, right?

I have read all the threads of the support forum that appeared to fit the situation, I read the turtorials, the FAQ but nothing was of help except that I tried some of the steps described. No luck.

' Any ideas?
Matlo

Re: PS3 not seeing GIMX-serial

Post by Matlo »

What configuration are you using?
Are the controls working? Please check with Output>GUI enabled.
GIMX creator
noheadmo

Post by noheadmo »

I'm using the Killzone 2 Configuration of McKack. GIMX 0.4 and the alternative DLL.
The controls are working properly in the output GUI.

Edit
One thing I'm not sure about;
Am I correct about the fact that there is no need for pairing of the USB-Multiplexer with a Dulshock or a Sixaxis?

Edit2
When I plug it in the other way round, PS3 recognizes an unknown device but GIMX-Serial gets an error.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

noheadmo wrote: Am I correct about the fact that there is no need for pairing of the USB-Multiplexer with a Dulshock or a Sixaxis?
That's right.
noheadmo wrote: When I plug it in the other way round, PS3 recognizes an unknown device but GIMX-Serial gets an error.
The teensy goes to the PS3, and the CP2102 to the PC.

Did it work before you replaced the SDL.dll?
GIMX creator
noheadmo

Post by noheadmo »

With the original DLL the PS3 dualshock didn't work but there was also no sign that the PS3 has recognized a input device and mouse or keyboard inputs didn't do anything on PS3. In the GUI-output it did work.

I started GIMX-serial and then I started the PS3 while both ends of the GIMX were connected.
noheadmo

Post by noheadmo »

The wiring has been checked today and it turned out to be in order. I don't know what to do. Can somebody tell me if the PS3 will display anything e.g., that there is a new controller or something like that? Do I have to change something like the controller number? How do I know that it's working? Do the PS3 startscreen controls have to work at once? Do I start PS3 with the button on the console, with the Dualshock or with GIMX (is that even possible)?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Connect the teensy first, and then the sixaxis.
The sixaxis should be detected as controller 2.

Did you installed the CP2102 windows driver? It is mandatory, the default windows driver does not work properly.
GIMX creator
noheadmo

Post by noheadmo »

Yes, I did install the driver.
Is the use of a Sixaxis controller necessary for the GIMX to work or does it work with a Dualshock, too?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It's not necessary, but connecting a sixaxis (a dualshock is a sixaxis) allows to check that the teensy is recognized as controller number 1.
GIMX creator