DIY USB adapter error

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
bf3gamer141

DIY USB adapter error

Post by bf3gamer141 »

I apologize if there has already been a post about this, but I couldn't find it. I received my teensy board and serial converter today. I installed all of the drivers and connected it properly according to the tutorials. Once I start up gimx-serial, select the bf3 setup and press start, an error box pops up saying "the application was unable to start correctly (oxc0000022). Click ok to close the application. " Do you have any idea what I may have done wrong?
Matlo

Re: DIY USB adapter error

Post by Matlo »

Please open your config with notepad, copy the content, and paste it in a post.
GIMX creator
bf3gamer141

Post by bf3gamer141 »

I was unable to open it with notepad. When I opened it with Notepad a window said Cannot find the C:\ProgramFiles\GIMX\config\PS3_Battlefield3_McKack.xml file." If you want, I could type down the config, but the config I used was the PS3_Battlefield3_McKack config that is included with the Gimx software download.

This is what is going on. I have the compatible components: Teensy ++ w/pins (at90usb1286) and a CP2102 Serial Converter. I have it properly connected. When I downloaded the firmware to the teensy, I used (at90usb1286). When I turn on my ps3, the dualshock controller is #2.

However, when I press start after selecting the PS3_Battlefield3_McKack config. The same 0xc0000022 error window pops up as well as an AVG Resident Shield Alert that says "Threat detected! File name: c:\Program Files\GIMX\ libpdcurses.dll Threat name: Trojan horse PSW.KeyLogger.AVU" Once I close that window, another error window pops up, but it is blank.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GIMX, and redoing the tutorial step-by-step about 7 times. But I still get the same result. I think my security program may be the reason I am receiving these errors. I know you guys aren't trying to load a trojan horse onto my computer. Any ideas how to fix this?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you tried to temporarly (being offline) disable your antivirus?
GIMX creator
bf3gamer141

Post by bf3gamer141 »

I will try that. I also had the idea of downgrading to version .30. I'll let you know what happens.
bf3gamer141

Post by bf3gamer141 »

I tried your suggestion. I shut off my antivirus and went offline. The error notifications didn't pop up this time. Instead, it was stuck loading and it never stopped loading. So then I chose the gui and terminal output settings. Those loaded up immediately. They also correctly indicated all of the inputs off of my mouse and keyboard. These movements didn't transfer to the ps3 though. I tried loading the atmega34 firmware onto my teensy ++ like it said in the tutorial, but the teensy++ has a AT90USB1286 processor. I have seen other posts about this issue. And I have changed the COM ports and updated the drivers, but it still doesn't fix it. I feel like I'm so close to getting it to work! What am I forgetting?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

When you connect the teensy++ to your PC, is it detected as a joystick?
Could you post a photo of your adapter?
GIMX creator
bf3gamer141

Post by bf3gamer141 »

Here is my adapter.

(In case its hard to see: red= GND->GND, yellow=RXD->D2, and green TXD->D3)

I'm unsure if my pc detected it as a joystick. I checked my device manager, and I saw no joysticks.
This is what I saw.

Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Matlo wrote:When you connect the teensy++ to your PC, is it detected as a joystick?
In your screenshots, only the cp2102 is connected to your PC...
GIMX creator
bf3gamer141

Post by bf3gamer141 »

Oops. Okay this is what it looks like with the teensy ++ plugged into the pc. I think it is being detected as a joystick.