Gimx-Serial device is blank

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
soulsedge

Gimx-Serial device is blank

Post by soulsedge »

Ok, just a quick edit.

My Hardware is not broken, it is functioning correctly....the only reason i know this, is i installed all the same software and drivers onto my wife's laptop. After i noticed the converter was on com4, i set the serial software for com4. boom, worked on ps3 and was able to navigate menus...her's is win7.

tried it on my laptop, and no go. I have a ton of things that say BT Port, etc etc. By default the hardware, installed on port 9. I tried setting serial software for port 9. and no go.

I'm at a loss here. i have no idea why this will not work. i would use my wife's laptop, but her damn screen is junk, keeps dimming out, etc....that and she uses it a lot. =(

Notice all the BT Ports??

i'm adding a screenshot for you all, to see what i'm talking about....
Matlo

Re: Gimx-Serial device is blank

Post by Matlo »

Can you start emuclient? If yes, is there any feedback if you tick the Output>GUI checkbox?
GIMX creator
soulsedge

Post by soulsedge »

yes, i can start the client, i see the little mouse box pop up. When i ran it on GUI this time, selected com9, it was showing movement! It didn't do that last time. All the buttons seem to work properly in the GUI output, But when i'm running the GUI, and its plugged into playstation3, it doesn't cycle thru the menu properly. Basically i should be able to navigate with WASD keys, but only my mouse makes movement, and even then its like my mouse is having a seizure, the menu freaks out, and all kinds of things start happening if i move my mouse.

I know it's not the config, cause i'm using the same exact config on my wife's computer, and it runs fine. not sure whats going on. heh.

i haven't changed anything from last night, i even shut down, restarted last night to make sure that wasn't it. But today i'm at least getting outputs, where i wasn't last night. just the outputs in GUI are showing up right, but not translating properly onto the ps3. (keep in mind, they are working on my wifes computer just fine). So if it's working in GUI and showing the correct keys, why wouldn't it work properly translating to the Ps3? (if it was something i did in my hardware, such as the teensy, serial converter, it wouldn't work on my wife's either, correct?)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you try to unplug/replug the teensy from/to the ps3 before starting emuclient?

Did you installed the CP2102 driver specified in the tutorials?
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Problem solved?
GIMX creator