[SOLVED] Mouse not calibrating

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Dark Angel

[SOLVED] Mouse not calibrating

Post by Dark Angel »

Hello, everyone. First of all - thanks for great product. I hope I will be able to use it.

Now I have a problem with my mouse. What I've done: read all the tutorials, watched all the videos and read the forum. Nothing like my problem.

I've followed tutorial and downloaded Ubuntu live image ( 64 bit OS and version of GIMX ), then:
- Installed gimx successfully.
- Connected PS3 sixaxis and connected BT dongle. Everything is detected and cool. MAC was assigned and controller disconnected.
- I start to calibrate mouse and ... nothing happens. GUI shows no movement.

I've tried pressing Ctrl-F1, selected my mouse, tried different configs, tried different versions of gimx from 0.25 till 0.3 under linux, tried different mouse, but still ... noting. Mouses I've tried are USB. I guess it's fine?

Where I'm wrong? Why there is no movement of mouse on calibration?

Thanks in advance.
TOCS

Re: Mouse not calibrating

Post by TOCS »

I had this problem as well, but it somehow got fixed when I got version 0.30. What mouse do you use?
McKack

Post by McKack »

Issue 86

Output in the calibration GUI (under Ubuntu, not Windows) is disabled when calibrating because in earlier versions of GIMX it would cause lag and stutter when calibrating.

Changes to values should affect the aim while calibrating though, and stick when saving. Is this not the case?
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

Thank you for your replies.

2TOCS: I'm using Samsung Pleomax USB SPM-4100 mouse. Tried also Logitec USB wireless mouse. Both detected by emuclient via Ctrl-F1, but doesn't change any values there when I move mouse quickly or slowly or anyhow.

2McKack: In this issue there glitches on movement descibed. I do not receive any movement at all. Also, issue is marked as fixed. And I've used 0.3 version as well. No luck.

Also, all the values on calibration, after selecting any mouse, are marked as N/A and not changing on wheel movement. I've seen on videos, that all of them are having numbers there. At least for the ratios.

Any ideas?
McKack

Post by McKack »

This happens ONLY during calibration? If not, does both keyboard and mouse work when not in calibration mode?
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

No, it doesn`t work with PS3 as well.
Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

Solved. Tried 32 bit version and it works with any config except sixaxis_usb and sixaxis_bt.

Thanks for your time. Great product, guys!