Bottle neck?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
yeicob

Bottle neck?

Post by yeicob »

Hi guys plz if anyone can answer this, i would be grateful. I use a BC4 Dongle on a intel i3 4gb ram, ubuntu 11.10. Everything works awesome with slow- middle movements, but when i move the mouse (5000 dpi/ 125Hz) very fast it only moves a just a little, it feels like a bottleneck somewhere, like to much info for the bandwidth of the dongle, no clue, it is because im using a dongle? usb version dont have this problem? im using the normalized parameters for black ops with warfare 3 but i dont thing that that is the issue. Peace!
McKack

Re: Bottle neck?

Post by McKack »

This is an unfortunate limitation of mouse to analog stick translation (and one of the reasons it's recommended to set the sensitivity in most games to max, and use an as low as possible exponent in configurations)

When doing a (too) quick (a) swipe with the mouse, the analog stick being emulated doesn't get time enough to reach max position, which is why sometimes while doing a slow turn it might feel like you're aiming faster vs doing a twitch move with the mouse. In most cases this is something you get used to and learn to work with.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
yeicob

Post by yeicob »

aaaah ok, thx for your reply man! im sure many users had the same question (or maybe just me hahaha xD)
Aige

Post by Aige »

i noticed that too, but i thought it's because of my hardware...
McKack wrote: When doing a (too) quick (a) swipe with the mouse, the analog stick being emulated doesn't get time enough to reach max position, which is why sometimes while doing a slow turn it might feel like you're aiming faster vs doing a twitch move with the mouse. In most cases this is something you get used to and learn to work with.
hmm " the analog stick being emulated doesn't get time enough to reach max position" - is it not possible to give that stick enough time for this case with a workaround?

"Oh there was a very fast swipe, the time is not enough for the full movement, lets give the analog stick a few additional ms to complete the movement"

Aige