Soldering a usb cable onto a teensy?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
blazerbot

Soldering a usb cable onto a teensy?

Post by blazerbot »

Is it possible to have this working by soldering a usb cable to a teensy? My uart thing is on its way, but i'm starting to feel a little impatient.
bjaigorgor

Re: Soldering a usb cable onto a teensy?

Post by bjaigorgor »

why you need to solder a usb cable to teensy? it uses the same cable that the ps3 uses to charge its controllers so you should already have a compatible cable
blazerbot

Post by blazerbot »

What i mean if i can solder a usb cable to the teensy in place of the uart serial converter device. My uart device hasn't arrived yet, but I'm itching to try this out.
TOCS

Post by TOCS »

You don't solder anything to the serial converter, unless you've bought one without pins. If you look at the DIY tutorial you'll see that the wires goes from the serial converter pins to the Teensy, which can be soldered if without pins. There's no "USB soldering" at all in this project.
McKack

Post by McKack »

I'm sure the Serial Converter has a function other than being a physical USB connection. Otherwise you'd just use some sort of pin adapter and Matlo would have soldered USB cables directly to the Teensy from the get-go in the tutorials.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
blazerbot

Post by blazerbot »

McKack wrote:I'm sure the Serial Converter has a function other than being a physical USB connection. Otherwise you'd just use some sort of pin adapter and Matlo would have soldered USB cables directly to the Teensy from the get-go in the tutorials.
I guess you got a point. I guess I'll just wait for the uart device to come through mail.