Jerky mouse [MX500]

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
dutchman191

Jerky mouse [MX500]

Post by dutchman191 »

Just found out about this emulator a few days ago so I may missed something crucial.

My problem is that I have made a config, pretty much identical to ones pre made but with my hardware, however when I go to start emu client the gui pops up for a few seconds and then instantly crashes ...

The BT dongle is communicating as I can turn my PS3 on with it. So I am assuming its the mouse setup that is causing the failure? I just don't know how to address the issue. Any help would be great.
dutchman191

Re: Making a working config,

Post by dutchman191 »

UPDATE

Got it working ... the mouse is just very jerky. I am using an MX500 optical mouse. Any suggestions?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

dutchman191 wrote:UPDATE

Got it working ... the mouse is just very jerky. I am using an MX500 optical mouse. Any suggestions?
Please read the FAQ: link.

Especially this part: "I'm having lag issues and/or movement glitches, what can I do?".
GIMX creator
dutchman191

Post by dutchman191 »

Okay cheers fixed the polling rate and it is much faster. Was on 100 mhz now on 500 mhz ... did a quick google to see what other people had done. I am still a little unsure as to how to max the DPI of my mouse?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

The DPI value is 400 by default, but it can be changed to 800. 400 is a low value. 800 is better, but it's far away from the 5700+ of the latest gaming mice.

There is a tool called "locomo" that can change the dpi value. I don't know the exact mouse list that work with this tool, but the MX500 is supported. See the tool webpage: link.

There is a tutorial there: link.

Read the part "Section 3: lomoco (Resolution, etc.) (Optional)".

(I moved the thread to the support section and renamed the subject).
GIMX creator
dutchman191

Re: Jerky mouse

Post by dutchman191 »

Thanks man. Will attempt this now ... the smoothest I have it atm is with values of about 60 multiplier 0.2 exponent (I hate accelerometers in fps ...) and a 45 for my dead zone..

Im assuming DPI increase will really help the whole super high numbers here yes?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

dutchman191 wrote:Im assuming DPI increase will really help the whole super high numbers here yes?
Exactly.

0.2 seems low. The correct exponent to kill the acceleration in COD:BO is 0.39. What game are you playing?
GIMX creator
dutchman191

Post by dutchman191 »

Wow just increased DPI .. mouse moves so much faster now its a little insane..
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Yes your mouse reports now twice more "mickeys" (standard unit).

You have to lower your multipliers. You can do that very easily thanks to the "Replace Mouse DPI" of sixemuconf.
GIMX creator
dutchman191

Post by dutchman191 »

I did that but it's still not quite right.

Would you be able to quote some numbers for me so I have an idea of what I should be aiming for?