last step, but....

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
pwnicator

last step, but....

Post by pwnicator »

It seems like I'm in the last step of the DIY PC to PS3 usb adapter tutorial, but every time I type in what the picture in the tutorial shows and hit start, a window comes up and says:
Connection error
Pleas check the USB to serial device
Did I not turn sixemu on properly or what? I just seem to be missing something in that last step.
McKack

Re: last step, but....

Post by McKack »

The COM## should be detected by itself in that drop down list and not changed, you should only need to select a config.

If not, did you make sure to connect the adapter in the right "direction" (Teensy side connected to PS3, Serial converter side connected to PC)
Also, what version of Windows are you running?
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote:The COM## should be detected by itself in that drop down list and not changed, you should only need to select a config.
It's not always the case. The last COM port is default selected. It may not be the right one if there is another COM port with a number higher than the number of the CP2102.

Just check the right number in the device manager:
Unfold the "COM & LPT" item, and look for something like "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM#)".
GIMX creator
pwnicator

Post by pwnicator »

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I've been kind of busy. I probably should have mentioned that I am using Ubuntu 11.10, does that change the way I go about things, I'm kind of new to it.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

What items are displayed in the "Device" combo box?
GIMX creator
pwnicator

Post by pwnicator »

Yeah, my problem seem to be trying to find the device in device manager, I can't find anything about "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM#)", it's like my computer isn't recognising that the device is plugged in, even though the lights on it turn on.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

What does windows say when you connect the cp2102 device?
GIMX creator