[SOLVED] Almost There

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Twiitch

[SOLVED] Almost There

Post by Twiitch »

Hey Guys,

Firstly I have to say awesome work with the software I cant thank you guys enough, a job well done !!.

I have finally worked out how to wing my way through ubuntu as I have never used it before and have now got the software working with the ps3, all looks promising.

Spent the last couple of days just reading as much as i could on these forums to just try and wrap my head around things but basically i have a slight issue with the mouse.

A couple of things, I know I need a mouse with as high a dpi as possible, hopefully when I get enough coin saved up i can purchase a proper mouse right now however i was wondering if I could get by with my current set up, I have a mouse now that is 1600 dpi.

i am running ubuntu 11.10 gimx 0.25 and trying to set this up with uncharted 3.

im pretty sure the issues im having are because of something im not setting correctly, i have read all the config tutes and all that and for me my numbers seem way out, eg. in order to get some decently sensitive movement without aiming down the sight i have to set multipliers at like 100.
But my main concern is when aiming down the site not sure if it is because of the low dpi.
not sure the best way to describe it but when i do aim i get like a large grid like movement no lag or anything just cant seem to move in smaller smooth increments.

spent the last couple of nights up until the wee hours trying to fix it before i troubled you guys.
any help to see if we can get the mouse playable will be super appreciated,

Sorry for the novel

Thanks heaps in advance,

Cheers,
Twiitch
Matlo

Re: Almost There

Post by Matlo »

Are you editing your config with gimx-fpsconfig or gimx-config?

What's the mouse?

Please copy-paste the content of your config file within a code tag.
GIMX creator
Twiitch

Post by Twiitch »

I was using just using the config, wasnt really sure what the fpsconfig was specific for.
however the most frustrating thing has just happend out of no where, i try to start the emulator and it starts up however the ps3 does not recognize this, i start the emu with the gui and it opens but after about 2 seconds just closes itself, same without the gui.
ps3 does not recognize it at all anymore when i start up the emu.

as for the mouse not 100% sure but i think its just a dell laser mouse,
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If you are not sure about the mouse model, how do you know it can work at 1600dpi?!

I guess your mouse is a cheap dell one. This kind of mouse will not be enough to get smooth movements with GIMX.

Please also read the FAQ.
GIMX creator
Twiitch

Post by Twiitch »

i still have the manual for the mouse, there is no model number on it however,
it does say that is is a 1600dpi mouse with a button to change the dpi up in increments.

not sure about the weird crashing issues turned the computer of last night and now this afternoon its all fine again.

still however not calibrated properly, may i ask what the fpsconfig is specific for ?
also when i get the gui up to calibrate off the rctrl+ whatever doesnt work nor do i have any number next to them like i see in the calibration tutorial,
Twiitch

Post by Twiitch »

this is the current test config that i have played around with, i just seem to have stupid numbers in order to have it somewhat playable, aiming is still very block like.

I have to Split up the config code as it wont let me post over the character count, hopefully this doesnt cause any issues/

Thanks matlo really appreciate your help

Code: Select all

<root><controller id="1" dpi="1600"><configuration id="1"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map><button id="r3"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="DOWN"/></button><button id="l3"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="LSHIFT"/></button><button id="r2"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="f"/></button><button id="l2"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_MIDDLE"/></button><button id="r1"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_LEFT"/></button><button id="l1"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_RIGHT"/></button><button id="square"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="r"/></button><button id="cross"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="SPACE"/></button><button id="circle"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="c"/></button><button id="triangle"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="e"/></button><button id="left"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="LEFT"/></button><button id="down"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="DOWN"/></button><button id="right"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="RIGHT"/></button><button id="up"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="UP"/></button><button id="PS"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="RSHIFT"/></button><button id="start"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="BACKSPACE"/></button><button id="select"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="TAB"/></button></button_map><axis_map><axis id="rstick y"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="axis" id="y" dead_zone="22" multiplier="80" exponent="0.4" shape="Circle" buffer_size="1" filter="0"/></axis><axis id="rstick x"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="axis" id="x" dead_zone="22" multiplier="80" exponent="0.4" shape="Circle" buffer_size="1" filter="0"/></axis><axis id="lstick left"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="a"/></axis><axis id="lstick down"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="s"/></axis><axis id="lstick right"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="d"/></axis><axis id="lstick up"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="w"/></axis></axis_map></configuration><configuration id="2"><trigger type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse" button_id="BUTTON_RIGHT" switch_back="yes" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="127" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map><button id="r3"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="DOWN"/></button><button id="l3"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="LSHIFT"/></button><button id="r2"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="f"/></button><button id="l2"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_MIDDLE"/></button><button id="r1"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_LEFT"/></button><button id="l1"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="button" id="BUTTON_RIGHT"/></button><button id="square"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="r"/></button><button id="cross"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="SPACE"/></button><button id="circle"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="c"/></button><button id="triangle"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="e"/></button><button id="left"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="LEFT"/></button><button id="down"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="DOWN"/></button><button id="right"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="RIGHT"/></button><button id="up"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="UP"/></button><button id="PS"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="RSHIFT"/></button><button id="start"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="BACKSPACE"/></button><button id="select"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="TAB"/></button></button_map><axis_map><axis id="rstick y"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="axis" id="y" dead_zone="20" multiplier="50" exponent="0.80" shape="Circle" buffer_size="1" filter="0"/></axis><axis id="rstick x"><device type="mouse" id="0" name="DELL DELL USB Laser Mouse"/><event type="axis" id="x" dead_zone="20" multiplier="50" exponent="0.50" shape="Circle" buffer_size="1" filter="0"/></axis><axis id="lstick left"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="a"/></axis><axis id="lstick down"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="s"/></axis><axis id="lstick right"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="d"/></axis><axis id="lstick up"><device type="keyboard" id="0" name="Logitech USB Receiver"/><event type="button" id="w"/></axis></axis_map></configuration><configuration id="3"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="4"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="5"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="6"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="7"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="8"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration></controller><controller id="2" dpi="0"><configuration id="1"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration><configuration id="2"><trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/><intensity_list><intensity control="left_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity><intensity control="right_stick" dead_zone="0" shape="Circle" steps="1"><up type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/><down type="" name="" id="" button_id=""/></intensity></intensity_list><button_map/><axis_map/></configuration></controller></root>
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Are you sure your mouse is running at 1600dpi?
Are you sure your in game sensitivity is set to the max value?
GIMX creator
Twiitch

Post by Twiitch »

Hey matlo,

just thought id let you know i got it sorted, bought a g700 mouse and it fixed it right up, i have one last issue ill make a new post but as its off topic and very minor.

Cheers for your help.

Twiitch