Questions From a Starter

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
TOCS

Questions From a Starter

Post by TOCS »

Hello everyone!

I just discovered this amazing solution today and I was wondering if one of you guys could answer me a few questions, before I get going building my own little USB thing.

First of all, do I've to let my PC run while I use it? Or does it work without being connected to the PC while playing? Second, if I choose to let the dongle be in my PC while I play, can I configure my settings on the USB while being in-game? I guess tweaking settings live is the most reliable thing to do, in order to get the setting right for the game.

EDIT: Oh, and just a last question: is there any difference between the USB and Blu-tooth solution? If there is, which one is the best?

Sincerely,

TOCS
Aige

Re: Questions From a Starter

Post by Aige »

"do I've to let my PC run while I use it?"
- yes

"if I choose to let the dongle be in my PC while I play, can I configure my settings on the USB while being in-game?"
- yes, you can close the emulator, edit your config-file, and restart the emulator again while the usb-dongle is connected with your conole and you are in a game

"is there any difference between the USB and Blu-tooth solution? If there is, which one is the best?"
- I read that the bluetooth solution with linux is the best
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Aige wrote: "is there any difference between the USB and Blu-tooth solution? If there is, which one is the best?"
- I read that the bluetooth solution with linux is the best
That's only true if you consider the price. Performance-wise, GIMX+usb is better.
GIMX creator
TOCS

Post by TOCS »

Thank you guys! :) I'll probably build myself one next week. Gotta order the materials first. ^^
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

^If you want I have some spare parts.
TOCS

Post by TOCS »

HIGH5 wrote:^If you want I have some spare parts.
I'm good, but thanks anyway. :) Now I'll just have to wait 5 days - 3 weeks before it arrives, and I'll get going.