DIY usb to PS3 Question?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
NVZBLT

DIY usb to PS3 Question?

Post by NVZBLT »

I bought a usb to usb filetransfer cable a few years back (its not just usb to usb, It has some sort of programed chip in the middle) and i was wondering if i could use it instead of building the diy usb to ps3 cable? will do some more research on whether or not i can upgrade its firmware yada yada etc.
Thanks to any responses in advance. I would really like to help find other non bluetooth methods that do not require soldering (I H8 soldering!! FRUSTRATING + asthma.)
McKack

Re: DIY usb to PS3 Question?

Post by McKack »

The DIY USB adapter doesn't require soldering if you don't want to.
It bulks up a lot more with pins and jumper cables, but connecting everything is 99.9% risk free using this method instead if you're not comfortable with soldering.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
NVZBLT

Re: DIY usb to PS3 Question?

Post by NVZBLT »

Thanks. another thing is im short on cash right now considering that my computer parts cost me 1050 and then i realized i forgot to buy windows (facepalm) and a bluetooth adapter costing me an additional 165. Im was kinda hoping to use stuff i have lying around rather than order more things. time is also an issue considering that 20 seconds ago my ps3 controller gave up the ghost (thanks to good old sony manufacturing) it constantly presses lots of different buttons while not being touched, 5 times per second. this is the 3rd time ive pulled it appart trying to figure it out. I dont have another controller. Btw my uncle was offered a job as an engineer for them. He turned THEM down. OUCH! lol
This has been a bad week all round. Im tired of junk. I have burns on my fingers from my "surge protector". 110v arcing to your fingers was enough for me to get a Brand Name protector. And to think i trusted that thing with my equipment. (Facepalm)