Thrustmaster TS-XW & T-LCM problems with PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
AdeB

Thrustmaster TS-XW & T-LCM problems with PS3

Post by AdeB »

I purchased a GIMX adapter from the official GIMX store about a month ago, and as of yet I have been unable to get it working correctly with my Thrustmaster wheel & pedals on the PS3 Slim. I've followed this guide https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... eringWheel, yet I am getting some really odd behavior. I'm really hoping someone will be able to assist.
  • Adapter: Purchased from official GIMX shop
  • Gimx-launcher: 8.0 x86_64
  • Firmware: EMUG27.hex
  • Target platform: PS3 Slim
  • Connection: USB with supplied Micro-USB cable (also tried other cables, but same results)
  • Controller: Thrustmaster TS-XW & T-LCM Pedals (tried with both being connected to PC, and with pedals connected directly to the wheel base, but same results either way)
  • Games: Gran Turismo 6, F1 2013, GTI Club, Sega Rally Online Arcade

I seem to have two distinct behaviors depending on the game loaded. These behaviors can also be seen in the XMB.
  • XMB:
    While it has been stated on the guide this should not work, I thought I would provide this information if it helps identity the issue. Intermittently the wheel has worked on the XMB without any problem, and I can fully navigate and launch a game with the wheel buttons. Other times it works partially, with the cursor scrolling down constantly (like keeping your finger on the down button). While other times it simply does not work at all with the "An unknown USB device has been connected" message appearing.
  • Gran Turismo 6, F1 2013:
    When the game is launched with either a Dualshock 3 controller (which is then reassigned) or the wheel itself, a message appears over the game saying "An unknown USB device has been connected", and no further input is detected from the wheel.
  • GTI Club/Sega Rally:
    When the game is launched with either a Dualshock 3 controller (which is then reassigned) or the wheel itself, all mapped buttons on the wheel work, however menus which have vertical movement scroll down constantly. Once I manage to start a race wheel buttons work, and wheel rotation works (as I can see the car wheels move accordingly), but pedals do not work. Strangely on GTI Club it seems the "gas" pedal is assigned to "right-stick: left" and the "brake" pedal is assigned to "right-stick: right", while "clutch" is "d-pad: up".

Logs using TS-XW connected to PC (with T-LCM connected to the wheel base) can be found here: https://pastebin.com/WByK8KtJ.

Logs using TS-XW and T-LCM connected to PC can be found here: https://pastebin.com/mVxLf3JR.
lost123

Re: Thrustmaster TS-XW & T-LCM problems with PS3

Post by lost123 »

Hi did you figure this out? I have a very similar issue and I'm lost.
AdeB

Re: Thrustmaster TS-XW & T-LCM problems with PS3

Post by AdeB »

I couldn't get it to work with the TS-XW in the end. However, I have since upgraded to a Fanatec CSL DD Wheelbase & CS v3 Pedals;

While with this new set-up I initially had similar issues as above, I persisted and found out some ways to make it work (which may very well work for the TS-XW too).

Firstly I didn't start GimX until the PS3 game was fully loaded, which definitely seemed to cure all the issues I had with GT6 and F1 2013 using EMUG27.hex. For the other games I did the same, but instead used EMUDFP.hex.

Now very pleased to say I have a working FFB wheel for the PS3!