Mouse issues - gimx-config crashes in Ubuntu

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Warbl

Mouse issues - gimx-config crashes in Ubuntu

Post by Warbl »

Ubuntu hasnt been good to me....i have followed the tutorials step by step and have gotten as far syncing up the bt with the ps3 and have even gotten the keyboard fully functional in game, now while the mouse does respond in game also it barely moves at all... i have tried to tweak the values in GIMX config but when i try to auto detect any of the keys in the Axis tab GIMX config crashes and iv have also tried EDIT-Replace mouse/Keyboard to no effect,

I use a standard usb keyboard since i cant get my g13 to work on ubuntu and a sidewinder x5 mouse, i have noticed that whenever i try to set a mouse key in the Buttons tab in GIMX config it shows up as joystick, i cant seem to get ubuntu or GIMX config to recognize my sidewinder.

Seeing as how i cant seem to get my g13 working after using several different drivers and failing to install any of them im gonna give Lubuntu a shot and hope its just a compatibility issue but any help or advice on my problem would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. im running ubuntu 11.10
Matlo

Re: Mouse issues

Post by Matlo »

There's a known issue that I sadly still can't reproduce on my side: issue 137.
GIMX creator
Warbl

Post by Warbl »

Those describe my problems to a tee lol.

I have only tried Ubuntu 11.10 fully updated so far though i plan to give Lubuntu a shot later today.

if that doesnt work il probably try an older version of ubuntu before i throw in the towel.

Also dunno if its worth noting but im running ubuntu on a dual boot install with windows 7 and not standalone.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Version 0.24 is out for a few days and I sadly didn't see anything crash on my side, so I'm sorry if you are feeling loosing your time.

Maybe you can try version 0.23. You can find it there: link.
GIMX creator
Warbl

Re: Mouse issues - gimx-config crashes in Ubuntu

Post by Warbl »

After rolling back to 0.23 GIMX config now recognizes my sidewinder and i even get movement when i output to gui to test the mouse, when i launch the emuclient it powers up my ps3 and all the info remained there after uninstalling and reinstalling so the BT still works.

But unlike 0.25 when i launch emuclient and try it on the ps3 i get nothing from either keyboard or mouse and when i try to replace mouse i still have the same problem as before with the auto detect box poping up.

Gonna mess around with 0.24 before i make any changes.

Update: i get response from my mouse ingame now, Hopefully i can get the keyboard functioning tommorow.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Do you have any time to make the actions described in my last post in the issue tracking list? link.

It would be very useful, I can't really investigate on this issue as I'm not reproducing it.
GIMX creator
Warbl

Post by Warbl »

i dont make it past the second command.
gimx-config : command not found

im also terrible with console though.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You have to install gimx 0.24.
GIMX creator
Warbl

Post by Warbl »

ah, as of right now it says i have Sixemu 0.23-1 installed in synaptic, il uninstall and reinstall .24 now.

doubt this may be a concern but while i was trying to install my logitech g13 i installed a few packages like libusb 1.0
Warbl

Post by Warbl »

ubuntu $` gimx-config
Error unable to intialize gtk, is display set properly?

0.24 works well for me aside from the mouse sensitivity, .24 now recognizes my mouse but when i use the extra buttons in config it registers it as joystick in event, i tweak the mouse dpi to 5000 and its still barely moves ingame, when i try to tweak the values in config it just crashes.

Clean OS install? maybe switch over to Lubuntu and try my luck?