Speech Recognition

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
rono126

Speech Recognition

Post by rono126 »

I was wondering how well the ps3 to pc usb adapter works using Windows and how hard it is to make. Also I am handicapped and I use a voice program that when I say a command such as one it will push the 1 button on my keyboard. Do you think this might work using the six axis emulator? The voice program can be found at dwvac.com.
Matlo

Re: Speech Recognition

Post by Matlo »

It seems this software uses the windows speech recognition software.

I guess it won't work out-of-the-box with the next GIMX release as it will only be able to see "low-level" devices. That's a side-effect of the multiple keyboards and mice support :(
GIMX creator
Zero

Post by Zero »

Actually ... it kinda ... works with the current version :) :D

At least under windows ... just tested it with v23.

However the hardware is somewhat troublesome to put together :( and it also doesn't work well within all games (resistance 3, and other) :(
rono126

Post by rono126 »

Thank you for the quick response. Maybe I will give it a try anyways.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Matlo wrote:... I guess it won't work out-of-the-box with the next GIMX release as it will only be able to see "low-level" devices ...
Huh? So virtual devices won't be supported anymore?
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It wasn't my intention, but I broke the support of virtual devices. That's a side-effect issue 113. As GIMX is now getting events from the lowest device event layer (RAWINPUT) that only works with physical devices (non-virtual), it can't get events from virtual devices anymore...

I created issue 128 to work on that problem. But the fix won't be in v0.24, which means you'll be stuck some time with v0.23 if you want to use virtual devices :(
GIMX creator