cant setup my mouse properly in config

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
sterrick

cant setup my mouse properly in config

Post by sterrick »

hi, im new to all this emu stuff but after a few pain staking hours iv finally got linux installed and sixemu operational.

im going to be playing COD world at war. i managed to get my keyboard fully configured :D but cant get my Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse to work properly.

when making my config file i start with setting up the keyboard buttons then move onto the "axis" (for mouse x y) im not sure if im doing it right but are you supposed to autodetect then move the mouse in "x" direction then ADD, and same with y???? when i do this and start the game, my look either moves only diagonally or i have no left/right, just up/down movement BUT.... to go up/down, i have to move the mouse left/right :? ?????

iv tried for hours but im officially baffled on what to do.

any help much appreciated
Matlo

Re: cant setup my mouse properly in config

Post by Matlo »

Just open a config example, you'll see how it's configured.

And you should consider buying a gaming mouse, that's the only way to get smooth movements.
GIMX creator
sterrick

Post by sterrick »

thats where im confused. i can see settings for multiplier,x/y ratio in the config files, i just dont know what to do after iv cofigured the keyboard then move on to the mouse x y movement setup ie when autodetecting.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did you read this tutorial?
GIMX creator
sterrick

Post by sterrick »

yeah, about 3 times. it says what each tab does, buttons to emulate the keyboard and axis to emulate the mouse, but it doesnt tell you how. what do i need to do when im about to configure the mouse movement? i select either rstick X or Y, then click autodetect........ im guessing at this point i need to move the mouse in either directing to configure, same as when i set the keyboard buttons????
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Yes, that's it, the application should detect the direction of the mouse movement.
GIMX creator
sterrick

Post by sterrick »

so when i select X axis, i move the mouse left THEN right? and up THEN down for Y??
McKack

Post by McKack »

When 0.24 is release I'll update that tutorial with a lot of info for the Axis tab, I'm not sure it's very helpful in his situation as it is right now, Matlo :)
sterrick wrote:are you supposed to autodetect then move the mouse in "x" direction then ADD, and same with y????
After clicking the Auto detect button under the Axis tab, you move the mouse in a horizontal line, it'll detect it as an x axis movement (duh). You then choose rstick x from the Axis dropdown menu and click the Add button on the right. Repeat for vertical movement of mouse -> rstick y You only do this once for each axis, lef/right and up/down doesn't matter since the input will be translated both ways.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
sterrick

Post by sterrick »

cool, thanks. do you need to be super acurate with the movements? if so, il have to devise a contraption lol
McKack

Post by McKack »

Nope, just do a relatively steady movement at regular speed along the required axis and it should pick it up without any problems. And I forgot to mention the Event type obviously needs to be set to axis, but I wouldn't blame you if you missed it.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template