Crashing?, help? :(

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
mattjuk81

Crashing?, help? :(

Post by mattjuk81 »

Just installed unbuntu 11.10 onto a usb pen drive with 3GB for persistent changes, followed the tutorial correctly, downloaded sixemu_0.23-1_i386.deb and installed it, ran it and changed address on bluetooth dongle (I am using a Bluenext BN01 dongle) address changed ok, started emu and it says connected and PS3 switches on, I then click emuclient and the program seems to hang and the output GUI which shows the mouse movements etc... seems to hang as well, does anyone have any ideas why please?
Matlo

Re: Crashing?, help? :(

Post by Matlo »

It's not crashing or hanging, you just need to edit the config with sixemuconf and use the "Edit > Replace Mouse" and "Edit > Replace Keyboard" tools.
GIMX creator
mattjuk81

Post by mattjuk81 »

Ok thank you I shall try that now and report back :)

UPDATE:
Ok I have done that and seems to be kind of working, I tried to setup the UP DOWN LEFT and RIGHT with keys W for up, S for Down, and A for LEFT and D for RIGHT, and save and select the correct config, it does not work in blackops, I can not move forward, back, left or right, am I being stupid? done something wrong? can someone please explain how to do this?
McKack

Re: Help with backops keyboard setup?

Post by McKack »

I deleted your thread in the Configurations and Requests section since you asked the same question there.

First of all what you can do is download and study this config: http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38 for example.

But in short, WASD is bound to the analog sticks under the Axis tab.
UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT are the D-Pad directions/buttons ;)
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
mattjuk81

Post by mattjuk81 »

Ok thank you :) I am getting closer now, got it all working, just need to get a different mouse

When I move the mouse slowly in blackops it moves around fine, but if I move the mouse quickly it zooms around very quickly
McKack

Post by McKack »

What mouse do you have? First of all you want a decent DPI (no less than around 2000 is recommended)
Other than that there's various things you can do to calibrate the aim to your liking, while following the basic guidelines like making sure the sensitivity in game is turned to max, and starting of with the normalized values that you can then tweak.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
mattjuk81

Post by mattjuk81 »

I have a logitech MX400 which I looked up the specs and it said 800dpi, I spent quite awhile yesterday changing settings and I have got it quite smooth, and made a second config for whem aiming down sight on black ops.

I tried to calibrate the mouse but when pressing right control and various F keys, nothing seems to happen, not sure if I am doing this bit correctly?
McKack

Post by McKack »

If you have a keyboard with function keys, depending on the default function state, you might have to press something like RCTRL+FN+F1 when you're in GUI + Calibration mode (I would encounter this problem when using an Apple keyboard in Ubuntu)
mattjuk81

Post by mattjuk81 »

Ok got it now :)

when I try and use my bluetooth heatset thing, it interferes with the bluetooth dongle aghhhh, and sends the mouse all over the place, with the headset off its fine :(