Saints Row The Third problems

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
McKack

Saints Row The Third problems

Post by McKack »

Using the USB adapter, Windows

Both analogs work, Start and Select works, but nothing else.
Tested the configuration on the XMB and all the buttons work there.

Perhaps the game requires analog input from the buttons (for some strange reason)
Limitations:
- All buttons are "digital" (i.e. value is 0/1, not in 0-255).)
I'll check in Ubuntu over BT, later today.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Re: Saints Row The Third problems

Post by Matlo »

Some games don't work with anything else than a sixaxis.
A new teensy firmware is required for these games.
GIMX creator
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

Offtopic
Is the game any good McKack?
McKack

Post by McKack »

Matlo wrote:Some games don't work with anything else than a sixaxis.
Exactly, but I'm guessing for different reasons, especially when some buttons work in a game.
I don't think this game specifically checks for an actual Sixaxis being used or not, but blindly just looks for certain values from the buttons, thus we might be able to trick it into working(?)

You wrote that the emulator sends 0 to 255 over BT and 0 or 1 over USB. Is that the actual values being sent to the PS3 or just an example of analog vs digital? Perhaps the game is looking for something in-between, but below or above a certain threshold...

Long story short: If I wanted to experiment, could I just download and alter the source where the values are set/sent and compile it for Windows, possibly finding a quickfix for this game or games like it in the process?

Or am I making a complete fool of myself with these theories and it's something completely different, the value would have to be changed in the firmware, you know what it is and you've fixed it/are going to. etc? :)
HIGH5 wrote:Offtopic
Is the game any good McKack?
Very much so, I like the humor contra the seriousness of GTA for example and CO-OP just makes everything tons funnier.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

McKack wrote: Long story short: If I wanted to experiment, could I just download and alter the source where the values are set/sent and compile it for Windows, possibly finding a quickfix for this game or games like it in the process?
It's more complicated, you have to write a different firmware for the teensy. The current firmware is emulating a generic joystick (plug it to a PC, it will be recognized as a joystick). The firmware you want has to emulate a sixaxis, which is not following the standard usb hid protocol.
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Gotcha.
I guess there's no third party plug n play USB controllers that have the button sensitivity the PS2 and PS3 controllers have.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Similar issue with killzone 3. Issue 99

Most likely it will work with the bluetooth emulator.
McKack

Post by McKack »

I have no [similar] problems with Killzone 3, did you perhaps mean Resistance 3? (I know of all the issues and I've read all the threads here ;) )
Zero

Post by Zero »

McKack wrote:I have no [similar] problems with Killzone 3, did you perhaps mean Resistance 3? (I know of all the issues and I've read all the threads here ;) )
Yes, Resistance 3, sorry :P
McKack

Post by McKack »

No worries.
I was just recently testing out Resistance 3 and noticed that everything but the triggers worked. SO CLOSE!

I sacrificed sprinting and melee, setting up a custom button layout in-game to make it somewhat playable.