no dualshock4 controller was found on USB ports!!!

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
partyzone

no dualshock4 controller was found on USB ports!!!

Post by partyzone »

Hello, we use Parsec DS4 emulator gamepad by Vigen and ReWasd emulator DS4 but everytime No Dualshock 4 gamepad on USB.
BUT else firmwares with same gamepads works fine,
Question: Why GIMX search USB gamepad and not use same DS4 gamepads? RemotePlay of PS4 perfectly take ReWasd Gamepad and we play ok, but GIMX say - no one gamepads find. It try search phisical gamepad? Can you fix it? Like xbox360 firmware, use virtual gamepads.

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `Dualshock4.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM9'
now reading arguments for controller #2
grab flag is unset
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
window_events flag is set
GIMX 8.0 x86_64
Windows 10 (or later) x64
Kernel version: 10.0 (18363)
GIMX adapter detected, controller type is: DS4.
Firmware version: 8.0
Reset sent to the GIMX adapter.
Current baudrate: 500000 bps.
Trying baudrate: 2000000 bps.
Using baudrate: 2000000 bps.
Error: No game controller was found on USB ports.
LoneWolf81

Re: no dualshock4 controller was found on USB ports!!!

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

This is because GIMX requires a genuine DS4 connected to usb for console authentication. It will not be compatible with a software emulated device as the id/device descriptor is not the same.

If you connect a DS4 and create a log again you will see it states found pass-through device 0x054c:0x05c4
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
partyzone

Post by partyzone »

Good day and you.
Maybe in future you can fix that? Because many else software and hardware support virtual DS4 without any physical pads. If i can help or some support for you - please fill free me, i realy want to help and i need this feature. What need to change physical to virtual?
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

There is nothing broken with GIMX it was written in this way requiring a genuine Dualshock 4 connected for authentication.

I will pass on your request but I doubt there will be a feature like this as it will require key extraction used for the encryption process and that itself violates the ELUA and can put the person doing it in hot water.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .