Random disconnects (G29 -> PS4)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
cadubad

Re: Random disconnects (G29 -> PS4)

Post by cadubad »

I started testing on my other laptop, with Windows 7, I tested it yesterday for a few hours and today I tested it for another two hours. So far no connection drop.
On the laptop with windows 10, sometimes it is idle but I hear that sound when plugging or unplugging some usb peripheral. Perhaps there is some software doing this or some hardware problem.
The settings:

(Laptop with Problem)
Acer Aspire F 15 F5-573G
Intel Core i7
SDD M.2 Nvme ADATA
Windows 10
8gb drr4

(Laptop Ok)
Dell Inspiron 1525
Core 2 Duo
Hdd
Windows 7
4 Gb ddr

I would love to use gimx on the new laptop with windows 10, because it is much faster.
But if there's no way, at least the old laptop seems to have solved the problem by now.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

At least we are seeing results :D most probably software based

Have you disabled all the powersave settings on the newer laptop, you can also go into device manager and remove the check at allow the computer to turn of this device on the cp2102
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
cadubad

Post by cadubad »

Now my excuses are over to finish last in the races. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I took away all the energy saving options, but that wasn't even my suspicion, as there were times to disconnect in less than 2 minutes.
Coincidentally my friend who is having a similar problem also bought a new laptop with ssd (not the same model as mine).
I suspected the antivirus, but I use Bit defender and my friend uses Avast.
I only have suspicions about Windows 10 (some update), because there are few software that we use in common. I am a system developer and he is a bank employee.
I tried to look in the windows event viewer, but at the moment the disconnection happens there is no event.
I don't want to give up, but finding the cause is very challenging.
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

I know right the joys of troubleshooting :D

This might not even be related to the issue as I think it was addressed in the last USBDK update, are you using any USB 3.0 Ports ? If you are can you check to see if there are any updated drivers.

Your windows build is not that old 18362 is the May 2019 update 1903 is it possible that you can update to 1909. You can go to the latest version but I know people have reported problems with that update not GIMX but other issues.
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
cadubad

Post by cadubad »

Yes, the new laptop has 2 3.0 ports and 1 old port.
Drivers:
Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
06/03/2020 - 10.0.18362.900

USB Composite Device
06/21/2006 - 10.0.18362.693

USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)
05/05/2020 - 10.0.18362.836

Windows 10 Home Single Language
1903 (18362.900)

I can try to upgrade to build 1909, what do you think?
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

I would say try to upgrade, also are you using the USB2 or 3 port for the adapter ?
cadubad

Post by cadubad »

I tried it on usb 2, and also on usb 3. The problem occurs in both.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

I am quite surprised that the shop linked in first post suggests that they created GIMX. There is just no link from there to the GIMX website. They even copied the software to their own google drive. The software license is allowing binary redistribution (and commercial use as well), but the source code must also be provided. Were you provided with the source code in any way?

Anyway, try applying all Windows updates and see if problem remains.
GIMX creator
cadubad

Post by cadubad »

Hello Matlo. Thanks for answering, I hope you and your family are all well in this difficult time.

I didn't receive any source code, but I didn't ask for it either.

My Windows 10 is always up to date. So I do not believe that the problem is in the update of windows 10.

It has been about 10 days of frequent use of the G29 on the old laptop with windows 7 and the problem is gone.

My suspicions:
1 - Hardware (but as with my friend the problem also happens, on a totally different computer, I think we can rule out this possibility)

2 - Windows 10 (it is my biggest suspicion, as it is the same OS as my friend, and when I took it to a much older laptop but with Windows 7, the problem disappeared)

3 - Third Party Software (there are few software that my friend and I have in common. Even antivirus is different)

No doubt I would like to use the fastest and newest laptop (even the old one was left in the closet), but until then, the old one is working beautifully
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

From the provided log I can tell that your adapter is made with a lower-grade USB to UART adapter, and it is very likely based on a cp2102 chip.

The GIMX adapter from the official shop is based on a cp2104 chip. As far as I know none of the customers had such issue.
GIMX creator