DS4 connection isuues

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
vana1997

DS4 connection isuues

Post by vana1997 »

Hello there folks , i just got my GIMX adapter , after some wait :D (i live in the US so thats fine im not complaining)
SO i just got my adapter and the first thing i went to the forum obviously for some more info , i saw the post READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC , apparently you guy have created your own mini-wiki for beginners which its pretty cool . SO to the main point , i followed all of the steps , i downloaded the gimx app , i set up the adapter and everything , downloaded the BFV config cause thats the game im trying to play on a PS4 , connected all the cables and started the program but then there was a black window that popped up , saying that it detected my adapter and controller , then the app requires to press the PS button which i made it to be F4 on my keyboard , there was a controller icon popping up on my ps4 Monitor , then i thought that everything was fine but it wasnt , the game asked me to press X on the screen in order to load the main menu , on gimx config i set up the key to be RETURN , but nothing happened , i tried changing the keybind with no success , then i was like okay ill just launch a practice match and do the process again , but this time the game wanted me to reconnect the controller , in conclusion I can control the ps4 menu with the laptops keyboard , i can navigate some stuff in-game menu with the keyboard aswell , but i cannot connect my DS4 controller for some reason , i saw all the related topics , ive been trying all the possible fixes for the past two hours with no success . Its obvious that im doing something wrong but ive no idea what exactly is it . On paper im doing everything according the instructions . AND yes i did turn off my DS4 before plugging in to the PC Thanks in advance .

PS: im not into computer stuff so ill probably need more in depth instructions : (
vana1997

Re: DS4 connection isuues

Post by vana1997 »

Oh i just realized that i cannot load EMUPS4 firmware it gives me some error named .avrdude it says the the program did not respond to the command , i pretty sure im connecting it properly since ive laptop with two USB ports there are not much room for mistake , i saw a similar topic , tried all the fixes no result as well .
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Hi

To load the firmware plug both sides into the computer and when prompted unplug and re plug the avr side ( cable that normally goes to the console) then it should load the firmware.

Another option is to manually invoke the bootloader manually by shorting the rst and gnd pins twice in quick succession
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
vana1997

Post by vana1997 »

Alright it worked out ! Thanks , but now in-game i have huge amount of delay , and my soldier doesnt stop running , it seems like it works im almost there but its really laggy , and its not consistent , could it be cause ive a trash mouse with low dpi , but then why is my character not moving in the right direction or with a tremendous delay after pressing a key on the keyboard ? :shock:
LoneWolf81

Post by LoneWolf81 »

Post you log file and we can go from there
Please Remember to Post your Log file in the support section , that way its easier and faster to start identifying the issue thus helping you to sort it out so you can enjoy GIMX :D .
vana1997

Post by vana1997 »

Its all good ! I just bought hyper x mouse with 6200 dpi and 1000 mhz , changed the dpi and everything is runnin so smooth !!!
Thanks to the creators ,im so glad for your help :)