G29 rev LEDs

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
KilledKenny

G29 rev LEDs

Post by KilledKenny »

Hello,

I bought a GIMX adapter from your webshop to connect my Logitech G29 with a PS4 so I can connect an external handbrake and sequential shifter without hard modding my G29. Everything seems to work fine, so already a big thanks for that! :D
There is only one thing not working, and that's the rev LEDs, they don't light up.
Is this a known issue, because I read at some point the G27 connected to a PS4 didn't have working rev LEDs anymore either, but I don't know if they should be working in the latest version.

Kind regards,
Kenny
Matlo

Re: G29 rev LEDs

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

This is a limitation listed in the guide for your use case. Led control is only supported for the G27.

On PC the G29 does not use the same protocol as the G27, which makes it hard to achieve the same result.
GIMX creator
KilledKenny

Post by KilledKenny »

Thanks for the quick reply! It's the least of my problems if only the LEDs don't work :)
However, in your link I read that auto wheel range adjustment is only available for wheels older than the G29, is this still correct?
I do see auto wheel range adjustment messages passing by in the command window that is open when GIMX is running.

Kind regards,
Kenny
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Actually, those messages tell you to adjust the wheel range to the value requested by the game.
GIMX creator
KilledKenny

Post by KilledKenny »

So it's not auto adjusting the range then, and does this only affect the softlock at the adjusted range? Any chance this will be implemented in a future release? Would be great to use Gimx to add extra peripherals to the G29 without hard modding, and keep existing G29 functionality as well.

Kind regards,
Kenny
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

To get consistent force feedback you have to adjust the wheel range yourself, using LGHUB.

There is no standard way to adjust the wheel range, and capabilities vary across wheels. This makes it tedious to add automatic range adjustment for all wheels.

Expanding automatic range adjustment is currently not planned.
GIMX creator