What is the exact acceleration rate for PC feeling ??

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
aqenq

What is the exact acceleration rate for PC feeling ??

Post by aqenq »

I used to play on PC and today I played on PC after a long time. The feeling was completely different for me. I used 0.38 and 0.50 acceleration rates but I couldn't reach my goal. Also when I turn off acceleration it doesn't move at all. Like former PC player can understand there is a setting like "raw input" which makes your mouse move in a stable speed but in this it doesn't. For example : When I move my mouse fastly from left to right of my mousepad, it does only one 360. If I do the same thing slowly it makes 5-6 360s. If you have solved this please help me or send me your config.
Matlo

Re: What is the exact acceleration rate for PC feeling ??

Post by Matlo »

GIMX translates mouse movements to stick positions. A stick has a maximum position. Games add dead zones and acceleration to make control easier. As a result, the possibility to have a PC feeling (1:1 translation) depends on game input mechanics. The two main factors are the max turning speed and the acceleration curve. There is no way to go faster the the max turning speed, which is why it is recommended to set in-game sensitivity to the highest value. Sadly for some games the max turning speed is not quite fast even with in-game sensitivity set to the highest value, which makes it impossible to have a PC feeling.
GIMX creator