2 GIMX Adapters PS3 - SOLVED

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Vegz78

2 GIMX Adapters PS3 - SOLVED

Post by Vegz78 »

Hi,

I've had 1 GIMX adapter for a week now, which worked perfectly out of the box on my PS3. Today I received a 2nd one, and I can't figure out how to get 2 GIMX adapters working as 2 controllers on the PS3. I've read the wiki, FAQs and searched the forum, and only found a couple of forum posts regarding multiple GIMX adapters, but I cannot get it to work.

My setup:
-Win 10 PC with 64-bit GIMX(launcher) installed
-2 GIMX adapters flashed with EMUPS3.hex firmware, showing up in GIMX launcher on ports COM3 and COM5, respectively
-2 Xinput controllers, 0 and 1 respectively
-2 X360PAD configuration files, for Xinput controller 0 and 1, respectively
-I start 2 GIMX launcher sessions with X360PAD conf for Xinput controller 0 on COM3 and with X360PAD2 conf for Xinput controller 1 on COM5, respectively.

It doesn't work. In fact, now I can't even get one of the controllers to work on the PS3 anymore…

Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS: I'll happily get to posting a log if needed, but at the moment I'm pretty certain it's a user/configuration fault/misunderstanding(me), and nothing wrong with the software or adapters...

Br,
Vegard

UPDATE
Found this in another forum post, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1241#p7223, and tried with a config file with 2 controllers:

Code: Select all

gimx -c X360PAD.xml -p COM3 -p COM 5
It seems to start without errors, but exits soon and does not convey controller inputs to the PS3 on either controller:

gimx -c X360Pad.xml -p COM3 -p COM5
src/windows/gprio.c:26 gprio: failed to set priority class
global option -c with value `X360Pad.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
controller #2: option -p with value `COM5'
now reading arguments for controller #3
GIMX adapter detected, controller type is: Sixaxis.
no pass-through device is needed
GIMX adapter detected, controller type is: Sixaxis.
no pass-through device is needed
using default refresh period: 10.00ms
Haptic core has source haptic_source_rumble for device 054c:0268
Haptic core has sink haptic_sink_os for joystick 0 (XInput Controller)
Haptic core has source haptic_source_rumble for device 054c:0268
Haptic core has sink haptic_sink_os for joystick 1 (XInput Controller)
Timer resolution: min=156250 max=5000 current=4992
rounding timer period to 9984
Exiting
UPDATE2
Made som progress here, but now both controller/Gimx adapter pair is recognized by the PS3 as the same controller…

-I found out that Gimx started from the command line exited every time the CMD window lost focus(I'm playing the PS3 inside the Elgato Game Capture HD application, so I can game stream over the network to other clients on the LAN)
-Uncertain which action helped, but I ran the gimx command above with the "--nograb" option and restarted the PS3

Still, both controllers work as the same controller on the PS3 and I still cannot play 2 player games like I was hoping for. Help getting the PS3 to recognize my 2 Xinput controller/Gimx adapter pairs as 2 separate controllers would be great!

Might I need a modified EMUPS3.hex on one of the Gimx adapters so that they identify as 2 different controllers from the point of view of the PS3, like this forum post suggests, if I read it correctly?: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1241#p7223

UPDATE3
Found another firmware called "EMUJOYSTICKPS3.hex" which I loaded on the 2nd Gimx adapter

Then I ran Gimx with the following command from the command line:

gimx --nograb -c X360Pad.xml -p COM3 -p COM5
Now everything works as intended, with each Xinput controller/Gimx adapter pair recognized as separate controllers on the PS2, allowing game streaming of 2 player games on the PS3.

Thanks for a great product and please disregard my support request! I hope it can stay posted in the forum to help others with the same configuration needs.

Br,
Vegard