GIMX trouble reconnecting to PS4

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
motzkopf

GIMX trouble reconnecting to PS4

Post by motzkopf »

When I first purchased your adapter connecting to the PS4 was effortless, start the launcher, all cables connected, all devices connected, PS4 on, and boom press the assigned PS button and I was logged in. But for about the last month or two when I fire up the launcher it says everything is communicating, press the assigned PS button on my G25 and nothing registers on the PS4. So I begin a process of trying to force the hardware to turn on by disconnecting all the cables and reconnecting them. Disconnect the G25, which I know was communicating based on the log output for all events on the wheel. I disconnect the GIMX adapter and restart the launcher and watch the error messages come up for not detecting the GIMX adapter, but that resolves itself and again I'm prompted to press the assigned PS button. Nothing, no response on the PS4. Then I disconnect the DS4 while GIMX is running, normally it quits immediately saying that it lost communication with the controller, but now it will keep running without any errors. Anyway I quit GIMX reconnect the controller and start again. Still no response from the PS4. I log out of my PC and log back in, launch GIMX and still no response on the PS4. I then reboot the PS4 and start all over again. I repeat all of these steps several times. Sometimes it starts working and most times it doesn't. I have no idea what the conditions are to make it work properly.

What steps should I follow to get GIMX working?
Matlo

Re: GIMX trouble reconnecting to PS4

Post by Matlo »

Check the cables, especially the one from adapter to PS4.

For further help, please post a log file as requested in forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator
motzkopf

Post by motzkopf »

I'm using the GIMX adapter purchased from you, I loaded the EMUGG29PS4.hex firmware (Program Files/GIMX/firmware/EMUG29PS4.hex)

Gaming Target: PS4 Slim
The Game: Gran Turismo Sport (but it really doesn't matter as I usually start it and launch the game from my wheel)
Controller: Logitech G25

Log: https://pastebin.com/ZENsG9rs

Let me know if you need more information.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

I see nothing wrong with your set up. Can you try a different cable from avr board to ps4?
PS4 enthusiast.
motzkopf

Post by motzkopf »

Yea! I swapped cables with the DS4 and it's back to working like a charm.

Thank you so much.